• Tourist in my City

Life update; I’ve finally overcome my shyness and we can finally take pictures within the city.  Let the people stare, the secret is to not make eye contact. On Saturday we accomplished our usual cores and ventured for a walk (insert photoshoot) ended up with a caffeine overdose and a gigantic slice of cake, per usual. M has a new fancy lens for the Sony camera delivered in the same morning, had to test in the same day. Men and toys! Do you notice the difference in the pictures?

We’ve been enjoying a couple of hours of extended sunlight and it does feel wonderful, especially during working days when I get to bicycle home while outside is still bright. The cream sweater from Compania Fantastica is my most favorite loved item of the month. I want to wear not-top since I bought it in sales, the material feels amazingly soft. I have to stop myself reaching for it each morning I dress for work otherwise, I would end up with the same outfit. Probably you would consider me weird but I have a number of clothing items in my wardrobe, I call the comfort garments. They make me feel loved and psychologically content in my most difficult days, whether that is a difficult experiment or a meeting. I plan to create a separate post about comfort clothing, stay tuned and subscribe to TbyMallano.

What’s the one item you find comfort in at the moment?

I am wearing Maje jumpsuit (here)

Compania Fantastica sweater (here)

2nd Day Olivia coat (here) and (here)

Zinda brogues (here)

Zara bag similar (here)

Skagen watch (here) and (here)

1. February 20, 2017 / 7:56 am

You look so chic. I love the cozy outfit. The sweater looks so snuggly, but even so, you have such a great classic outfit you can wear over and over again season after season. Taking photos at first seemed a little strange for me, but now I just try to let it be. lol Which sony camera do you have? I have a Sony too! 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful week!

xo,
      Miki

2. February 20, 2017 / 9:46 am

Wow! really love the outfit and you look great in the photoshoot 🙂

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 10:32 am

Thank you! Happy you enjoyed the post!

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 10:32 am

Violet thank you so much for your kind comment!

3. February 20, 2017 / 10:34 am

These pictures are so beautiful! I would borrow his camera and lens if I you haha! So fun to be a tourist in our city, I doing this a lot!

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 10:36 am

Thanks so much Violette! You live in the most beautiful city after all!

4. February 20, 2017 / 10:36 am

Love the whole look, I have outfit envy xx

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 10:36 am

Thanks so much Carol!:)

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 12:30 pm

Thanks so much!

5. February 20, 2017 / 12:14 pm

Love these photos! Is this in Erlangen? I’m living in Nuremberg so have been quite a few times. Loving the brogue style shoes xo

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 12:31 pm

Yes this is in Erlangen! Thanks so much Zara!

6. February 20, 2017 / 1:58 pm

My comfy outfit is joggers and white tee lol love the outfit the shoes ❤️❤️❤️

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 3:13 pm

Thanks! Happy Monday to you as well!

7. February 20, 2017 / 3:28 pm

Yay to taking pictures even though people are watching! That’s lovely! And such a lovely outfit too, love how crispy the white feels and a gorgeous makeup look to go with it!

Have a lovely week babe! Xx

8. February 20, 2017 / 3:29 pm

You look beautiful! Taking photos with so many people around can be awkward but it’s worth it when you have beautiful images after.

Xoxo, Maggie

February 20, 2017 / 5:18 pm

Dear, Tatiana. If Life was a race. At this time, I would be twenty laps behind the rest of the World. Why? Because I am still not quite right, and tomorrow have to have further tests carried out.
      I’m soo glad to read that you have overcome your shyness, and can pose for photos in the town. Trust me when I tell you that most people are more interested in how they appear than scrutinize others.
      Oooh! I love soft cream sweaters. They are so cuddly.
      Hugs, Jo

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 5:47 pm

I’m sorry to hear you’re having still health Problems Jo! Is it still your lungs?
        Please let me know what they tell you tomorrow.
        Big hugs

Author
        February 20, 2017 / 6:02 pm

Thanks so much Gemma!

10. February 20, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Beautiful outfit, and photos! I’m pretty shy too. I need to get over that when taking pictures in streets. I find that sunglasses help, but I will try your advice at not looking at them 🙂

Xo

11. February 21, 2017 / 12:01 am

Gorgeous photos! It’s funny how men always like to play with new tech items until they become masters of them haha & it’s always fun to be a tourist in your own city!

TFM BLOG

12. February 21, 2017 / 1:04 am

Lovely cream jacket! Loved the look as a casual chic outfit to walk around downtown! Your shoes are so cute!
      xo,
      I AM YASMIN

13. February 21, 2017 / 1:13 pm

beautiful pictures, darling! and you will be please to know it will get better with time and experience. i can now smile and say hello to every by-passer ahaha!

14. February 21, 2017 / 2:33 pm

Adorable jacket! Your city is lovely, I invite you to visit Wroclaw as well!

15. February 21, 2017 / 3:30 pm

I’m glad you had a wonderful weekend, girlie! I’m loving that it’s not getting dark as early anymore too, spring is on the horizon! Your photos came out beautiful, then again, they always do. I know what you mean about feeling awkward taking photos in your city, people stop and stare and sometimes come over and ask questions, but like you, I just tend to block it out and focus on getting the shots we need. As for your outfit, I adore the winter whites! That sweater looks so cozy, as does the coat. I also underhand what you mean about having comfort clothing, there’s a few pieces in my closet that serve that purpose, that I know I can always turn to 🙂 I look forward to reading your post on the topic. Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you’re having a great start to your week so far!

XO,

Jalisa

16. February 21, 2017 / 5:08 pm

I love taking photos but I’m shy when it comes to me. When other people, even my friends, takes photos of me I feel shy especially when strangers look. Kudos to you for overcoming that and let people stare! 🙂 BTW lovely outfit 🙂

xoxo
      STYLE VANITY

17. February 22, 2017 / 1:36 am

Love this look, so comfy and chic! Also obsessed with those shoes : )

18. February 22, 2017 / 3:50 am

I like the tittle of the post – specially because I’d like to set as a goal to visit and get to see more of my city as there is SOOOO much ! I like the simple look and see why you’d want to wear this sweater so much.
      I see a slight difference in the pictures, they seem to have more light, maybe it was just the day…

February 22, 2017 / 2:57 pm

I could say that I’m much like my trusty old Mazda car. Getting on a bit; a little warn in places, but is reliable, keeps going, and hardly a replacement part needed.
      All that said. My visit to the asthma nurse went reasonably well. A lot of blowing into a device that recorded my efforts on the computer screen.
      The results show that although there is some scaring on my lungs, the main culprit is my airway to them. A restriction in the tubes.
      I have been prescribed a stronger inhaler (steroid based) that lasts for 12 hours. So, have to use it twice daily.
      I’m fine walking on the flat, but climbing in my beloved hills is a bit of a struggle. And there’s me, booked for the Dolomites, beginning of July. Watch this space.
      Hugs, Jo x

Author
        February 24, 2017 / 9:47 pm

Oh Jo you must get well for the Dolomites! Did they say the cause? Is it some sort of allergy?
        Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

February 25, 2017 / 8:33 am

It’s not an allergy, though my asthma started out as hayfever when I was in my teen’s. Of course, pollution didn’t help. It is something I have to live with. However, the new inhaler I’ve been prescribed is fantastic. 2 puffs in the morning last for 12 hours.
          Love and hugs, Jo x

20. February 22, 2017 / 5:38 pm

It must be so fun to be a tourist in your city, I need to do that more. Beautiful pictures and such a lovely cream jacket!

Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

Author
        February 23, 2017 / 12:47 pm

Makes me happy! Thank you!

21. March 11, 2017 / 5:15 pm

It’s great you got out to take photos!
      My friend was taking pictures of me at the train station few weeks ago and some random tourists just stopped and did the same, I found it funny, let them stare if they want to.
      Hope you’ll have much more fun doing it in the future, these turned out great!

Have a wonderful weekend, xx

d’star