Tweed and the Power of Fashion

I’ve always loved tweed; the material is rough, heavy and preserves the warmth. Bestows a touch of Chanel glam, English elegance and voilà my darling you are destined to draw attention, of the good kind trust me! If you like tweed like me, go for a vibrant color, don’t shy away in greys and browns. Wear it boldly; after all you deserve to be stared at.

Often I have the need to wear something completely out of normality. Blending in makes me feel uncomfortable and anxious. I want what nobody has; I spent countless hours in vintage online stores, for that one piece to fulfill my vision. I blame old Hollywood movie star divas and vintage fashion photography. Erase that, I thank old Hollywood and vintage photography for the endless inspiration. Every woman or man deserves to feel like a movie star, I know the dishes have to be done and other unglamorous cores but there is such power in fashion. Don’t constrict yourself from beautiful garments, you deserve to feel special. At any time, whether you are having a coffee, dinner, while at work, or relaxing at home, because you deserve it.

Love this Chanel two piece (here), Maticevski skirt (here) and top (here) not tweed but a wonderful creation nevertheless, Zara tweed skirt (here) and top (here).

I am wearing Maje top sold out, very similar (here)

Maje Jalil skirt (here) and (here)

Zara bag sold out, Hugo Boss nude pumps (here), in black (here)

Pandora crown stud earrings (here)

February 27, 2017 / 12:04 pm

Thanks so much! Happy you like it!

1. February 27, 2017 / 12:04 pm

This two piece is just stunning on you! I love the color and all of the details!

By Lauren M

February 27, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Thank you so much Lauren!

2. February 27, 2017 / 1:36 pm

Wow, you look beautiful. What an amazing outfit!

February 27, 2017 / 1:44 pm

Thank you Cheila!

3. Amy Arnold
    February 27, 2017 / 4:14 pm

I love the lines on this two piece set! I am such a fan of matching sets. Gorgeous.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

February 27, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Oooh! Wow! Oh my! Yes. I do like this post. Wearing tweed, You could grace any English Castle. Your Chanel two piece is such a pretty colour, too. And again, the perfect lenght on you.
    The darker, Harris Tweeds, produced in Scotland are waterproof, but incredibly heavy.
    Love and hugs, Jo x

5. February 27, 2017 / 6:58 pm

I can definitely spot some old Hollywood inspiration in that outfit. Looks like something Audrey could have worked, right?! Gorgeous color however and a fun twist on tweed! So so pretty love!

Have a lovely week! Xx

6. February 27, 2017 / 11:32 pm

this is amazing! I love this look.

7. February 28, 2017 / 1:52 am

That is a beautiful set, I really like the colour!
    Good advice too – we shouldn’t be afraid to have fun with fashion and wear things that make us feel special 🙂

Hope you are having a really good week 🙂

Away From The Blue Blog

8. February 28, 2017 / 9:44 am

Good posts, beautiful blog.
    Congratulations.
    Welcome to see my creations:
    paintdigi.com

February 28, 2017 / 3:47 pm

I’m with you on this, T. Hollywood Divas, male and female; monochrome glossy photos of the Stars; the fashions; the makeup.
    There is a glut of dramas on TV set in the 1940s. The men wearing long overcoats and Trilby/Fedora hats. The women in slinky cut gowns. Although this was a time of austerity, most of the gowns were made of parachute silk. For most women, hem lines on dresses were above the knees, and wasn’t until Dior’s New Look in the late 40s did dresses return to being very full and swishy.
    Also, I’m with you on not wanting to look the same as everyone else. I’ve always tried to be a bit different from the rest. But it takes a lot of confidence to do so. And sometimes I lack that confidence.
    Hugs from a happy, Jo x

March 3, 2017 / 3:44 pm

Oh Gemma you are always so kind to me darling! Thank you

10. March 8, 2017 / 4:15 pm

I absolutely love tweed too T however I have always kept it very neutral sticking to blacks and greys.
    Now that I think of it I only have two or three items with this fabric – and am thinking the blazer probably no longer fits.
    The skirt and top set is beautiful.