D&G Makeup Inspiration

I’ve always loved how beautifully females are portrayed in Dolce & Gabbana shows. I’ve watched the D&G Fall/Winter show a handful of times, it never fails to inspire and move me. Despite the negativity surrounding strategic placement of bloggers and influencers on the catwalk, I’ve loved the show to bits. Why would a brand, which actually lives through sales be accused of excellent marketing approach?! I can’t comprehend it!

We’ve felt the new revolutionary wave in Milan this February and let me tell, it will be affecting us all. Women of all shapes, size, nationality and profession, walked down the catwalk with amateur modeling steps in stilettos and brogues. Confident the new millennials who dared to dream, living their dream. I must stop writing about the D&G show because this post is about D&G makeup. Although I could/would write for hours to an end what it means for the little girl who scrolls her Instagram feed, with ordinary people as a role model.

The D&G girls are meant to look grandiose and aristocratic. Well defined eyebrows, black eyeliner, lips in full-bodied dark color; cherry red and burgundy. They are not shy to be looked at, hence the bold and excessive makeup. Either blonde or brunette, they own a flair of femme fatale; enjoy life, the only way an easy going woman can.

D&G Liquid Eyeliner (here)

D&G note: Start with a crayon liner to define the lash line, then apply the liquid eyeliner

D&G Volumized Lashes Mascara (here)

D&G note: Apply the mascara from base to tip and repeat several coats until volume is achieved

D&G Perfect Finish Concealer (here)

D&G note: Apply using the applicator then gentle pat with your finger

D&G Matte Lipstick (here)

D&G note: Shape your lips with a lipliner then apply the lipstick in short strokes for plumper-looking lips

D&G Creamy Face Color (here)

D&G note: Apply the creamy blush to the apples of the cheeks and along the cheekbones, using your fingertips and blend well for a more natural look

Picture from D&G official website

SHOP THE LOOK

1. March 1, 2017 / 9:27 am

striking beauty! you should be the face of D&G 💋

March 1, 2017 / 9:28 am

haha I would have loved to! Have you watched their Fall/Winter 2017/18 show?

• March 1, 2017 / 9:49 am

oh i live under the rock when it comes to fashion, daring, and am still catching up with the second season of poldark haha. but if you recommend, who am i to miss it. will check it out! x

2. March 1, 2017 / 4:28 pm

Muito linda essa make! A cor do batom é belíssima. Adorei a inspiração!

Ótima quarta!

Beijo! ^^

3. March 1, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Wow my dear such an amazing makeup! With unique Italian character! I also enjoyed this I would say worldwide D&G show and appreciated their tentative to give more humanity and diversity to its runway!
    Tanti baci

4. miri
    March 1, 2017 / 8:32 pm

I really love your makeup. You could walk for D&G on their catwalk. Your eyebrows and lips are stunning.
    X
    Miri

March 2, 2017 / 8:03 am

Oooh, how lovely. You should be the face of D&G. I have not seen their show. Will have to look out for it. Maybe it’s on line.
    Kisses, Jo x

March 2, 2017 / 8:24 am

It’s online Jo, click on the link I’ve included on the post!
      I’d love to hear your thoughts:)
      Hugs

March 2, 2017 / 12:33 pm

I had to look at that D&G photo a couple of times to realise it was not you. But tell me. How do they get the lipstick so red and luciously thick?
    Love, Jo x

March 2, 2017 / 1:32 pm

I apply a lipliner prior to lipstick:)

7. March 2, 2017 / 1:41 pm

Love the D&G Runway look, the natural brushed up brow, cat-eye liner and red lips for me is a signature italian makeup! Great post, have a lovely day.

xo,
    I AM YASMIN

8. March 2, 2017 / 4:20 pm

Suas fotos são lindas. Estou vasculhando o conteúdo do seu blog, ele muito interessante. 🙂

9. Amy Arnold
    March 2, 2017 / 4:49 pm

Your makeup looks beautiful. Love the inspiration photo.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

10. March 2, 2017 / 5:26 pm

I LOVE D&G and their shows, from the clothes to the makeup. As their shows are so over-the-top as they are, I’m happy someone is highlighting how gorgeous their makeup game is. I’ll never get tired of this makeup look. A good couple of brows, heavy eyes and a lip? Perfect! You’re so gorgeous babe! Xx

March 2, 2017 / 5:53 pm

Dear Tatjana, Thank you so much for directing me to the D&G Show. I thought it was fantastic.
    Incredible designs and gorgeous prints. Something there for everyone, I think. Do you have a favorite
    dress from that collection? Difficult to pick one, I know. I must look out for their Spring, Summer Collection.
    Hugs, Jo x

12. March 3, 2017 / 8:10 pm

I lI loved the D&G ads and just looking at their store windows…. its impeccable ! As your make up, wow T, nice job you recreated the look masterfully.

March 16, 2017 / 7:13 pm