The Karen Millen dress chronicles

Let me tell you a short story about my Karen Millen dress; I believe two winters back I fell for it but money was tight. Surprise sales and ebay.co.uk would be my first click each morning while sipping on my over sweetened coffee. The sales were there one day but not my size, I was devastated! I contacted each online store in the UK, most were lacking my size, others were not willing to ship to Germany. Giving up wasn’t an option, I wrote to Karen Millen instead whether they would have similar design the upcoming winter; We believe no, the Karen Millen custom service replied.

This dress and I had to split ways for about two years, until two months ago that is, we made eye contact at a trusted eBay store. It ‘the dress’ was new with tags and I was freshly paid, three days after, it arrived at my doorstep with the Royal Mail First Class. We’ve been out and about together many times, seen (here) as well. Due to front pleat, I can easily bicycle to work with it, together with high heels we go to dinners and parties or one-day trips in nearby towns of Bavaria with low heels. I’ve told you before, my clothes have stories!

Despite the popularity of the cut, Karen Millen did not sew the same or similar dress. Here are a few new dresses from the Spring/Summer collection I am about to create new stories with.

A-shaped navy dress with a belt (here), love the vintage cut of this (here), the flower midi (here) and this flower A-shaped one (here).

I’m wearing Karen Millen dress Sold Out

Maje Goriage coat (here)

Chie Mihara Zandai pumps (here), these are so pretty as well (here)

Zara bag Sold Out

Wolford Satin Touch 20 stockings (here)

tbymallano wearing karen millen 4 tbymallano wearing karen millen 2 tbymallano wearing karen millen 4 tbymallano wearing karen millen 5 tbymallano wearing karen millen 6 tbymallano wearing karen millen 7 tbymallano wearing karen millen 8tbymallano wearing karen millen 9

SHOP THE LOOK:

March 3, 2017 / 8:59 am

I love the little A line floral print dress. Also, in your last post, there was a picture of a light blue laser cut stress. Soo pretty. I thought the D&G Show was fantastic. But have mentioned that yesterday.
    Love, Jo x

March 3, 2017 / 11:04 am

It seem that we have the same favorites in this show. I specially liked the little floral dress with
        the cute puff sleeves.The guys outfit was impressive,too. Another couple, he in a dark suit and the girl in a black chiffon dress.And another girl in a long white printed chiffon dress was rather lovely. This evening I shall look at the next show you mentioned. And yes. Tea too. A blend of lemon,ginger and manuka honey. A cup of organic bliss. Now i must get on with my work. x

2. March 3, 2017 / 11:34 am

Love the pleated detail. It was a good investment! <3

March 3, 2017 / 1:38 pm

I’m so glad you managed to get your hands on the dress you wanted all this time later – and it looks to have been totally worth the wait, what a lovely design! I’m also a huge fan of Karen Millen; I’ve got my eye on a white sleeveless ruffled shirt by the brand at the moment. Have a lovely weekend 🙂

4. March 3, 2017 / 3:30 pm

Well T, some dresses are totally worth waiting for – this is one of them !
    As I was reading I thought “OMG this sounds like me… ” if I like something I will stalk it and hunt it down no matter how long it takes !

March 3, 2017 / 3:33 pm

hehe this made me smile! I knew me and you are quite similar:)

5. March 3, 2017 / 6:42 pm

Some things are worth waiting for! This dress is gorgeous and what a perfect fit on you! Thank goodness for eBay. I find a lot of sold-out or preowned pieces at such a great price there. What an amazing find for you!

6. sharonmugi
    March 3, 2017 / 9:42 pm

🙂 I like this story, you two were meant to be!! I totally like the coat as well…..and the dog lol

March 3, 2017 / 9:43 pm

hehe thank you! It’s actually a cat:)

March 4, 2017 / 7:20 pm

Hello, T. Last night I looked at the Ulyana Sergeeenko site. You were right. I thought it lovely. My favorites are as follows: 4 8 9 11 12 14 15 17 18 24 27 29 31 32 33 35 37. Almost the whole collection.
    There is something about Russian designers and their creations that I love, and do not know why.
    Have you looked at the designs on the Maxa Fashion Group site on YTube?
    I noticed on the link you gave me, there was a link to The Valentino Collection. Oooh! How dreamy are those dresses.
    Hugs, Jo x

March 6, 2017 / 8:36 am

I love Ulyana’s creations to bits, they are so feminine and aristocratic.
      This is how I relax in the evening Jo, watching fashion shows .The Valentino’s collections are always amazing.
      Makes me think if I will ever in my life wear such clothes:P

8. March 15, 2017 / 3:24 am

T, when all else fails wait and your wishes will come true! I went through the same experience with a bag from Urban Outfitters. My first bag wore out after 4 years in high school, searched endlessly for the bag online and in every UO store in the US and they were sold out. 2 years later I found a brand new one on a online consignment shop and couldn’t miss the opportunity so I bought it! I thought it wasn’t meant to be but turns out it was! Also the dress looks great on you!

XO,