Traveling and Falling in Love

Would you call a 30-minute driving trip from your home actually a traveling post?

It felt like one a couple of Sundays ago when we drove to Frankonian Switzerland-an area here in Frankonia. The name comes from the fact there are small mountains in the area, suitable for hiking; hence the name Switzerland.Β  M drives here very often in summer as it’s very popular for rock climbing. Passionate hikers out there, would ridicule my choice of footwear, I won’t blame you; I gathered quite some attention on that area of my body. I was there for para-plane watching, more accurately M wanted to show me the area as it’s very known. In summer a very popular beer fest takes place here, beer benches and small shops are carried up the hill and a big celebration happens. Imagine my surprise, upon our arrival the sky was colorful with para-planes and a small crowd was there to cheer up and admire. It was freezing cold, I won’t deny it but it was totally worth sacrificing a Sunday couch session and breath fresh air. On our way home we bought about 6kg of bio apples and we’ve been having delicious apple tarts for two weeks in a row!

I had a very interesting talk yesterday with good friends while cooking Mexican food about relationships and how to stay in love. Among the things we talked about, traveling and activities you do together with your partner stood out.

It won’t matter if it’s an after dinner walk, a hike in nature or a weekend trip like this (here). Traveling regenerates the soul, brings perspective and guarantees falling for your partner all over again. Travel as much as possible, it’s an investment, paying off in happiness and memories.

I was wearing Jack Wolfskin jacket (here), love this as well (here)

Levi’s jeans (here)

Handmade hat

Catarina Martins boots (here)

Roeckl gloves (here)

SHOP THE LOOK

1. March 6, 2017 / 7:38 am

I love your cap and scarf. Beautiful colours πŸ™‚

2. March 6, 2017 / 8:17 am

Perfect shoes for hiking i would say :-). Traveling is our favorite things to do. ItΒ΄s just like gathering memories from all over the world. Great post T.
    lots of love.

March 6, 2017 / 8:44 am

Love the boots, T. But with those heels can’t see that they are suitable in the mountains. Para-gliding is popular here on the Downs, and is fascinating to watch.
    By the way, and not wanting to cause a diplomatic incident, I though the Ulyana Sergeenko designs better than those of D&G.
    Have a lovely week, Jo x

March 6, 2017 / 8:49 am

Between us Jo, me as well:) Hope you had a lovely weekend and you are ready to rock the week:)

March 6, 2017 / 11:09 am

Oh, yes. I’m rockin’ already.

March 7, 2017 / 10:05 pm

Thanks so much Gemma!

4. March 6, 2017 / 8:59 pm

A dream place! I’m amazed! Wish I could be in a similar place one day and fly in this way! Ah!
    With love,
    Dasynka

5. March 6, 2017 / 9:08 pm

Great colours and photographs T, if I may add, traveling is also the best education πŸ™‚

6. March 6, 2017 / 11:45 pm

This outfit is perfect for everyday! Did you try parasailing too? I would be so scared too! Don’t think I would ever have the courage to try =P

xoxo
    Rina Samantha

7. March 7, 2017 / 4:09 pm

Love the clicks.. Great post πŸ™‚

8. March 7, 2017 / 6:34 pm

I like your pictures! I come from Switzerland, it’s nice, right?
    love, elena

outnaboutweb.wordpress.com

9. March 7, 2017 / 6:45 pm

I’m glad you and M had a great time hiking and sight seeing, I’d love to parasail. I’ve always wanted to, but I get nervous at the thought of going above water because I’m not the best swimmer, haha. I think traveling and doing different activities definitely does make a huge difference in the quality of a relationship. You feel a deeper sense of connection having experienced those moments and treasured memories together. Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you’re having a great day so far!

XO,

Jalisa

10. March 7, 2017 / 10:27 pm

Beautiful place! I totally agree with you, that we should travel as much as possible. It’s not only great for our relationship, but it’s also the best way to live our live fully.

Daniela

11. March 8, 2017 / 6:16 am

Wow!! Imagine actually going on those para planes! that would be such an amazing experience, also terrifying too. I’m afraid of heights but i also want to try adventurous things like that. You got a great view of it! I definitely would love to travel more too. It is a great way to see more of the world, to enrich our minds and to open up ourselves to more.

~Andrea Tiffany~