Skin care current favorites

Navigating through endless skincare products over the years, my skin often talks to me about its needs. I’ve confessed before about my long-lasted skin problems, my skin isn’t ideal, my acne is as present as ever and my hunt for the perfect products to eradicate hasn’t ceased. I would love sharing some love to 2 new skin care products, currently on use, tested in time and performing as the description box promises.

Avene Gentle Toning Water with natural silicates is a gentle toner I use in the morning prior to makeup routine and evening after makeup removal. The product doesn’t do much for my acne, does not exacerbates it either. My skin feels refreshed, soft and immensely clean after use.

Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque, I had been contemplating for some time buying the Kiehl’s mask, not because of negative reviews, on the contrary, the products passes the tests with flying stars. The price had always been my issue however, I was lucky to receive a discount voucher from Douglas.de, and I’ve used it twice already. I apply a thin layer on moist skin for about 1o minutes. The product consists of Amazonian white clay, deep cleans my skin and the results are visible on the pores.

L’OCCITANE hand cream, due to the fact I always work with gloves on, in the lab, subsequently my hands and especially nails are a disaster.Β  Hand creams are to be found in each room of our apartment and of course my office. I’ve tried plenty of different hand creams, with Neutrogena being one of my favorite cosmetic company in that field. L’OCCITANE won my heart with the extremely beautiful packaging design. It’s the perfect size for my small bags and it features an old times toothpaste tube. What’s even better is how amazingly it the rose extract smell and my skin loves it. It absorbs instantly with a lasting moisturizing feel.

Has any of you tried the following products? Let me know in the comments below your skin care recommendations.

SHOP THE POST

1. March 22, 2017 / 8:21 am

I love how you presented those products dear! AvΓ¨ne is one of my favorite brands for skin care. And how cute is this hand cream – I have to try it out!
    Have a good rest of your week <3
    xx, Carmen – http://www.carmitive.com

2. March 22, 2017 / 9:16 am

I adore the l’occitane hand creams! They are so moisturising you really feel like they are doing good things to your hands! My favourite scent was the Fleur Cherie but I’ve been told it’s been discontinued πŸ™ Not 100% though! xx

March 22, 2017 / 9:47 am

I know right?! And so pretty:)

3. March 22, 2017 / 1:17 pm

The hand cream packaging is so adorable. My favourite from my current skin care has to be HydraFresh All Day Hydration Deep Boosting Essence by L’oreal πŸ™‚

March 22, 2017 / 3:55 pm

I have long been a user of L’occitane products. But, so far, not their handcream. I shall have to rectify this immediately.
    In a previous blog of yours, you had on your wishlist a cute little Ted Baker dress in Fushia pink, with a pretty broderi anglaise pattern around the hem and neckline. I do hope it finds its way to your wardrobe soon.
    Hugs, Jo x

March 22, 2017 / 4:16 pm

Jo It’s already in my wardrobe:) Looks even better in person. Let me know how you’ll like the handcream:)

March 22, 2017 / 5:07 pm

Oh, how wonderful is that. Longing to see the photos. What I also loved about that dress, was the hairstyle of the model. Yes, of course, I shall let you know my thoughts on the handcream. x

March 23, 2017 / 9:46 am

She is a beautiful girl, right?! I’m sorry for what happened in London yesterday Jo. It makes me really sad to realize this sort of attacks don’t come shock us anymore in Europe:(

5. March 22, 2017 / 3:57 pm

Love so much these flowers and these shoots πŸ™‚ never tried this products, cause I use only products without silicons and paraben.
    With love,
    Dasynka

March 22, 2017 / 5:59 pm

Firstly, those purple flowers are ever so beautiful! Secondly, Kiehl is such a fabulous brand; most of their products tend to impress! Hope you’re having a lovely week πŸ™‚

7. March 22, 2017 / 7:07 pm

I had acne too, for years – I was able to take control after many visits to the dermatologist and a load of money spent on medicines, however I am so glad I did, it was worth every penny.
    I’ve tried several products from Kiehl’s but I did not repurchase them, they were good but I moved on to something else. Right now I use Shiseido foam for removing my make up, Biotherm AquaSource masque and when I remember Crabtree and Evelyn have Gardeners Hand cream which is fabulous.
    Oh and I loved the product shots.

8. March 23, 2017 / 8:11 am

Hey great to land on your blog, loved reading the post. I seriously need to try that Kiehl’s mask, have been reading good reviews on that one.
    xx
    Saabri

March 23, 2017 / 10:21 am

To think that a couple of days before that attack, I walked across Westminster Bridge. Scary. But Life has to go on. When I lived in London, There we’re many IRA bomb attacks and we got use to them. Just as Londoners did during the blitz.
    We have to be brave, T.
    Love, Jo x

10. Amy Arnold
    March 23, 2017 / 1:15 pm

I have always heard great things about Kiehls products.

Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

11. March 23, 2017 / 4:51 pm

Have you tried using organic, extra virgin, non-gmo coconut oil? I read an article by Mia of The Fashion Folks and it changed my skin! I had been battling acne for years and she suggested using it as a moisturizer. I immediately started after reading her post, using it twice a day, and my face has completely cleared up! Now, I only use it every morning and just a serum at night. I have not broken out in one single pimple or blackhead in over a month! I definitely suggest you give it a try. As for these products, I’ll have to check them out, the toner sounds great, as does that face masque. Everyone really seems to swear by Kiehls’ product, I’ve yet to try anything myself. Thanks for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you’re having the best week so far!

XO,

Jalisa

12. March 24, 2017 / 8:26 am

I love L’Occitan hand creme! By far my favorite! I am dying to try some Kiehls products though! I will give the mask a go for sure
    xx Leah

13. March 24, 2017 / 6:35 pm

I would love to send you my acne line to sample! Vegan, gluten free, botanically based and eco friendly, and free of any parabens, phthlates, synthetic dyes or fragrances, toxins or carcinogens! Uses white willow, sage and witch hazel to soothe as salicylic acid works to get rid of the acne causing bacteria. Wonderful stuff!
    +++SamπŸ™‚