Shopping Habits

I honesty never get bored, if you lock me inside the house for two weeks, I will still find a way to entertain myself. There is always a book on my shelf to be read, a movie to be watched, house cores and a new recipe to cook. There is always but always something to keep mind and hands busy. Take for example the two locations of today’s photoshoot; this is my bicycle route on the way to work. I’ve been bicycling through nearly 3 years of my life and if you’re asking me I would have a small story to narrate each single day.

Life and nature unfolds each season of the year on the grand stairs of Pathology Department of Erlangen. Medical students sit on the stairs socialize and fill up this place with happy or maybe stressed voices. The other day two nurses in white uniforms were smoking on the top and I cursed myself for not having the camera with me to capture the movie-perfect moment.

The same life philosophy applies in my wardrobe; my clothes are loved and well worn. Goodness I have boots I’ve been wearing for 4 years, daily and I am not bored of them. You must know by now, how much of a routine creature I am. I believe that when you buy a piece of clothing, think well. It took me honestly two months to decide whether there is ‘space’ in my wardrobe for the Maje blazer and seasonal sales to make it mine. If I desire an item, I take my sweet time to think of styling possibilities and longevity. Oh and when they arrive home (passionate online shopper, you may call me) I check the stitches like a scientist observes living cells under a 200 fold magnification microscope. Price comes thereafter, an important factor no doubt but I believe trust me it’s worth saving and paying for classic items which are above seasonal trends. By any means I have my spontaneous shopping moments as well, with little things that wouldn’t hurt my bank account or deviate much for my style.

How do you like to shop? Are you a spontaneous shopper or meticulous shopper like me?

1. March 24, 2017 / 11:53 am

Lovely post, there is certain sense of calm in your writing, and I love that.
    I wish I was as meticulous as you are when it comes to shopping. But I am learning to be one. I used to be an impulsive shopper. My answer to everything was found on Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich. But lately I have been trying to be more conscious of my shopping choices. Long way to go though.
    Thanks for sharing this lovely post.
    xx
    Saabri

March 24, 2017 / 1:15 pm

I am normally a calm person, unless angry or happy:p I love clothing and fashion but money has always been lacking for me so I always had to put a little bit of thoughts on my shopping expenses:)

2. March 24, 2017 / 4:02 pm

I love to take care of my clothes, I keep wearing items I bought years ago that became my favourites! That’s the trick, invest in the pieces you like the most and flatter you and you will keep wearing them over and over regardless of the trends! Happy friday babe 💋💋

3. March 24, 2017 / 5:01 pm

Hahaha I have the same: I will also never get bored! I think that is a good thing:)! Hahaha! Love your outfit as well, especially those cool trousers! Big Xx Susanne – http://bagatyou.com

4. March 24, 2017 / 7:06 pm

I loved your post , I am meticulous about my clothes, I try before you buy , I see the fabric if it is nice, because for me it’s not good to buy a beautiful outfit that will end up bugging me! haha

5. March 24, 2017 / 7:40 pm

Hello my dear Tatjana, Enjoy reading your post and in one with this elegant and vintage outt, you styled this blazer perfectly !!! I’m Gemini so sometimes I’m spontaneous sometimes meticulous shopper xo xo
    Have a wonderful weekend my dear

6. March 24, 2017 / 7:48 pm

Beautiful post dear! I am usually only shopping for I believe I really need. However, sometimes when I am wandering around flea markets or second hand shops, it happens that I buy something spontanously.
    Thank you a lot for your last comment on my blog : )
    Sending much love!
    Xx
    Rosa Larissa Klara
    conscious lifestyle of mine

March 24, 2017 / 8:38 pm

I’m late! I’m late, for a very important date with tbymallano. Have just got home after a busy day.
    I love reading your blogs,T. They are always beautifully written.
    I love shopping, but I take ages to find what I want. And yes. Sometimes I buy on impulse. Sometimes this works; other times, not.
    I love your trousers. Ideal for bike riding.
    Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Jo x

March 28, 2017 / 8:50 am

Hope you had a wonderful weekend Jo! My grandfather has passed away this Saturday and it didn’t feel quite right to post on Monday.

March 28, 2017 / 6:18 pm

Oh,Tatjana. How sad. What can I say? In truth, I do not know, other than my heart goes out to you, and your family. Not an easy time for you. I know this from experience. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
        Love, Jo

March 28, 2017 / 8:13 pm

Thank you for your kindness Jo! The saddest part is I don’t even recall if I said properly goodbye. Have a great evening! I am preparing a post for tomorrow at the moment:)

8. March 24, 2017 / 9:02 pm

I use to shop like a Cro-magnon, wherever, whenever, whatever.. now I put a lot more thought into it. I look at fabric, fit and such. But of course there is the occasional splurge. Although these last months, since January specifically, I have been on a shopping ban so its been more of a shop-the-closet moment to re assess what’s in there.

9. March 25, 2017 / 3:05 am

I’m the exact same way. If I were to be trapped in my home for 2 weeks, I’d still find a way to entertain myself. 🙂 That’s great that you can bring that type of same mentality when it comes to your wardrobe. It really is a great way to think about it.

BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

March 26, 2017 / 5:06 pm

I grew up with my mum telling me ‘only boring people get bored’, and there’s probably some truth to it! I love this look on you; the trousers are so unusual and unique.

11. March 27, 2017 / 4:59 pm

omg I love your jacket darling! Your red velvet pants are gorgs, too. Love this entire outfit!
    So perfect and flawless as always! Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you are having a good week so far.
    much love, Len

12. March 28, 2017 / 1:04 am

I feel like every time I try to plan how I shop, I can never find anything on my list. I’ve also been the spontaneous shopper and have regretted purchases lol. I do usually have a general list in the back of my mind though of things I’m looking for that season =)

xoxo
    Rina Samantha

13. March 28, 2017 / 10:51 am

When it comes to shopping for clothes I normally do it in August and January, why? SALES! Since I am in college I take this opportunity to spend a lot on it and then not having to buy new clothes during school. Have a great day gorgeous!

Camila,
    My Vogue Style | http://www.myvoguestyle.com

14. March 28, 2017 / 8:42 pm

Such a good read!! And I love this look, especially the blazer!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

15. April 14, 2017 / 9:50 pm

Gosh I love the look of the red velvet pants!! I am exactly like you too in terms of making shopping purchase decisions. If I like something, I will store it on my wishlist or shopping chart (*cause I only online shop), then I would ponder over it for sometime and then cry afterwards if the item’s sold out on the site ;’D You always want something you can’t have