Favorite Cafe in Town and a Normal Day in my Life

There are days when the stack of outfit pictures runs out because the weather had been terrible the previous weekend. One of those days was destined to be Wednesday; Posting today had been a struggle, you guys know how much I do not like missing posts and getting in touch with you. Instead I carried Sony with me at work and captures few moments in the golden light while having a coffee with a dear friend. Side note here, I am so grateful for the few good friends remaining in Erlangen, example here I had to interrupt 3 times a deep life important conversation, stand up and capture light perfect moments and Luis didn’t complain even once.

On the way to Manhattan cafe I noticed these beautiful hydrangeas, after asking for permission from the lady who owned the store I struggled to find a good angle, a guy from Dominican Republic named Ignacio decided to help. Life can be overly beautiful in Germany when the weather is good, even the lady from the store asked if she should withdraw the sun blinds for us for better light!

Manhattan cafe is my favorite place to be in town, you’ll find me there at least 3 times per week. The reason; good coffee, beautiful interior and amazing service. In good weather, the garden surrounded by  greenery is an oasis in the busiest part of Erlangen. You’ll find be usually drinking Elderberry tea, sampling on cakes and observing passersby.

In summer days you most likely never find me in shorts, I find it so difficult to find good length shorts. Most are designed for younger girls, honestly I will never be comfortable while show casting half of my goods to the world. Malaikaraiss two piece stole my heart at first sight, I own a necklace with a tiny dinosaur (here) from the brand and decided to give the clothing line a chance as well, amazing quality and refreshing designs. This dress (here) is another piece I am loving and waiting patiently for summer sales to make it mine. Star Wars lovers have a look (here) and (here)

I am wearing

Malaikaraiss ARUBA top (here)

Malaikaraiss ARUBA DEBBIE shorts (here)

Asos Sultan pumps (here)

Cambridge Satchel Poppy bag in gray (here)

Scarf old

SHOP THE POST

I find the concept of the cake buffet extremely interesting and refreshing at Manhattan cafe, each day you will find a new selection of cakes, often seasonal. I’ve tried the most delicious cakes in this place and I have persistently asked for recipes without success-policy of the cafe!

The garden has a quince tree, cherry tree and on the bottom you will find strawberry plants.

Is there a place where you live you hold close to your heart?

I’d love to read about it in the comments and your blog.

1. May 17, 2017 / 8:27 am

Despite having been to Erlangen quite a number of times I’ve never been here. Sadly I’ve only got a week left in Germany so might need to leave it till next time I’m back! I love the red/coral coloured stripes in your outfit! xx

May 17, 2017 / 9:36 am

It’s such a shame you are going back Zara! Hope you had a great time here in Germany:)

2. May 17, 2017 / 8:40 am

Oh what a cute little cafe dear! I loved to see how you spend your day and I LOVE this two-piece combo. You look so pretty and it’s definitely the perfect everyday look 🙂
    xx, Carmen – http://www.carmitive.com

May 17, 2017 / 3:19 pm

I have hydrangeas that colour in my garden,T. When cut and dried, will stay that colour for months, and make lovely indoor arrangements.
    Your little outfit is lovely, and imagine it will be perfect when riding your bicycle.
    At last the weather has warmed up. But with it, heavy downpours of much needed rain.
    There’s nothing like having a special little cafe to visit. I think I would be lost if the one I go to was no longer there.
    Hugs, Jo

May 18, 2017 / 9:51 am

Exactly Jo! Manhattan cafe unfortunately will close in September. It’s bitter to know after we leave the city this place will not exist anymore

4. May 17, 2017 / 7:32 pm

Dear T, de two set is lovely – like you I don’t feel comfortable being so exposed so the length here is perfect. What a great place this shop seems to be.

5. May 17, 2017 / 7:58 pm

What a lovely outfit babe, love the two-pieces and the retro vibe they inspire! Big kisses love ❤️❤️

May 18, 2017 / 10:00 am

Thanks so much!

6. May 19, 2017 / 12:52 pm

This stripped outfit is so girly and cool! Love it!
    Enjoy the weekend!

7. May 19, 2017 / 5:44 pm

Gorgeous photos! I love your outfit, too!

Alya / moorizzla xx

May 19, 2017 / 7:10 pm

Everything in this post so sweet and lovely. You really suit the red and white striped two-piece and Manhattan Café looks like a really cute spot for a slice of cake on a sunny afternoon 🙂

9. Inna
    May 22, 2017 / 1:18 am

Thank you darling for showing this pretty place! Those small cafes are the cutest!!! Looking pics it is very easy to imagine you drinking coffee there 🙂 it has a soul! Loving you stripy dress too, it is very unique style I saw yet by nobody! Kisses and good night my beauty

10. May 28, 2017 / 2:46 am

Aww, what a cute spot. I love how darling this cafe is. There are so many beautiful blooms. I’d want to be here all the time, and work from here as often as possible! Your outfit is so nice! I love red and white on you!

Xo,