Whistles Floral Dress and my first thoughts on YouTube

Often my friends would ask me how long does it take to prepare a post; about 5 hours straight I reply and I see the surprise written on their face. I would not be surprised if the first thought crossing your mind is how about a YouTube video; takes me days to an end.

Editing a video and creating a cohesive story out of shorts clips is a challenging task. Let me explain; I’ ve been passionate about YouTube since the first time I watched the charming Clothesencounters (here) and when my darling Rose (here) and the u part wigs (here) started her own channel I became braver to jump forward. Dear friends YouTube is intimidating, putting yourself out there Real-Time is sort of scary in terms of self-expression and public exposure. I find faults in articulation and voice tonality, goodness I’ve just begun to realize how my voice sounds like! Writing down how you feel about a certain topic is of course much easier than chattering, especially if you prefer to better listen than talk, my case. The first videos are the most awkward most people on YouTube would say, I hope they are right because we created tons of them on our recent trip to the Swiss Alps, which I honestly can’t wait to share with you.

After editing the video from the library in Waldsassen (here), Maksim took me for a glass of wine at our favorite bar to forget the frustration last Sunday. Let me profound the last sentence by saying, my software skills and a slow computer don’t go well together. I wore this gorgeous fit and flare dress from Whistles with my nude sandals from Chie Mihara. When the dress arrived home I was extremely disappointed and it hardly had any shape on me, as you guys might have noticed I like to accentuate my waistline. A borrowed waist belt from a friend and few dainty jewelry later I felt myself as I stepped our front door.

P.S Please excuse my absence from your blogs, internet access in the mountains wasn’t feasible and you guys I am looking forward to seeing what you’ve been up to. If you have any advice regarding YouTube, write me please on the comments below and do not forget to subscribe (here), your support means the world to me.

I am wearing Whistles Tangerine Anjelica dress (here) and (here), in bodycon styleย  dress (here)

Chie Mihara sandals (here), love these (here)

Cult Gaia bag (here)

Isabel Marant earrings (here)

human braiding hair

1. May 29, 2017 / 6:27 am

Hey lovely post, can’t wait for you to post YouTube videos. I find them so entertaining and useful, but yes hats off to people like you who look beyond the fear and post videos. Good luck and am sure you will do great ๐Ÿ‘Œโค๏ธ๐ŸŒบ
    Also I love the dress on you.
    xx
    Saabri

May 29, 2017 / 8:02 am

Thanks so much for your sweet words Saabri. Your comments make me so happy, so thank you once again…

2. May 29, 2017 / 10:45 am

OMG, this is such an amazing dress! Its colours are so, super cool! <3 and this pattern… for me a dream come true!

May 29, 2017 / 12:58 pm

I can appreciate how stressful and time consuming writing blogs and making videos must be. Only because of writing reports and tutoring students. Why do we do it T? And they are not our day jobs. Anyway. That’s another lovely dress you are wearing. As for belts. Well I have had to punch extra holes in mine. My waistline has never been so small. Well it was when I was little, of course. Keep doing what you are doing, T. Life wouldn’t be the same with you not in it.
    Love and hugs, Jo x

May 29, 2017 / 1:07 pm

Thank you so much Jo! This blog wouldn’t have been the same without you. As a matter of fact we filmed quite a lot in the Swiss Alps. Have you been Jo? What a beautiful country Switzerland it, M and I have been equally amazed. Love and hugs back and as a matter of fact I had to make extra holes on my belt as well:)

May 29, 2017 / 5:20 pm

Aw! You are so sweet. Yes, I’ve been to Switzerland. A few years ago now. The Alps were beautiful.
        I should have said that the holes were to make the belt shorter; not longer. Doesn’t Stella look fantastic in that gorgeous wedding dress. Soo pretty.
        Love, Jo

May 30, 2017 / 7:32 am

I had the chance to see some the dress before the wedding, so pretty! Are you on Instagram Jo? I think you would love it, there so much inspiration and beautiful photography on Instagram:) btw when are you heading to the Italian Alps? Maksim still prefers the Italian Alps to the Swiss!

May 30, 2017 / 11:19 am

Oh, lucky you. I looked at the dress designer’s site. Beautiful designs. I’m not on Instagram. I tried logging on but couldn’t get in. shall have to try again. I go to the Dolomites on July 1st. I agree with Maxsim. The Alps there are much better, and the weather on that side is better, too. x

4. May 29, 2017 / 2:39 pm

It takes me quite a while to write, edit and revise posts as well. There’s also the photography aspect, choosing the write photos, etc. You’re doing a wonderful job. Quick question: Is their a way to follow you on WordPress? My email is getting crazy!

May 29, 2017 / 2:43 pm

Your comments today have make so so happy! Thank you so so much! I just followed you sweetie

• May 29, 2017 / 2:50 pm

Ohh, thank you so much! for the follow! You have such a beautiful site, I’m speaking the truth. You obviously put your heart into it.

5. Victoria
    May 29, 2017 / 3:03 pm

Love your dress and your bag!!! You look gorgeous. ๐Ÿ™‚

May 29, 2017 / 3:10 pm

Thank you so much Victoria! Hugs to you girl

6. May 29, 2017 / 6:06 pm

I have to admit I am not much of a you tube video watcher ๐Ÿ˜‰ but I did see your first one !
    The print on this dress is superb T, the vintage vibe is my fave-

7. May 29, 2017 / 8:16 pm

I’ve been blogging for almost three years and even I forget how time consuming is lol. It’s definitely better to split up creating content into a couple of days instead of doing it all at once
    Kate || KATE KOUTURES

8. taniaatthelondonthing
    May 30, 2017 / 2:51 pm

What a gorgeous dress hun. YT takes forever to get right but I would love to try it one day x

THE LONDON THING | INSTAGRAM

9. May 31, 2017 / 1:16 am

what a lovely dress and you are looking so beautiful, stunning and gorgeous as always!

10. June 5, 2017 / 2:32 am

You look gorgeous! That dress is so pretty, and the belt is perfect for it, even if the dress was shapeless before. I have never dabbled in YouTube, but I have made videos in the past and they take forever! Major props to all of you who make videos so often. Have a great week ๐Ÿ™‚

Miles of smiles,