A talk with a dear friend the other day inspired this post. Apparently, a pair of shoes caught her fancy, shamelessly she doesn’t believe in investing in the particular pair because of ‘where I am going to wear them?’ her words. I am a passionate advocator of making an effort to always look good, certainly, I have pressed my opinion on the blog before, but today I need to elucidate my five reasons why I always think you should look good, vanity aside.
1. Makes lots of fun! There are very few people I know who get allergic with the prospect of painting nails or utilizing a heating iron to tame their mane. The majority of us enjoy dressing up but for some reason, we avoid taking this extra 5 minutes in the morning to make us feel happy. Can it be laziness?
2. Helps your professional life. I was getting ready for work the other day, struggling with my winged eyeliner while M. was joking why don’t I take the extra minutes to sleep, anyhow my daily companions my mice don’t care much about my winged eyeliner! The audacity of my love knows no borders! Starting my day on the right foot shifts me immediately into a good mood, boosts my confidence and improves my performance at work. Experimented and confirmed dear friends.
3. Looking put together improves your social life; It may sound silly but if I feel myself chances are I might start a conversation with a stranger. The other day I needed a particular cosmetic at Müller, my usual self would spend hours reading all descriptions, avoiding talking to the professionals. Not that particular day; I met the nicest girl in the shop, she explained in details all the choices and differences, on top, I was gifted Clarins sample products.
4. Adopting a signature look helps to express your individuality and uniqueness.
5. Life is too short to be lived in sloppiness. I believe every day, must be celebrated and such should be our attire. Goodness, I would hate growing up with regrets, especially regarding my garment choices. Side note to all you out there who need an excuse to wear something special, I say create one.
P.S The particular outfit was flaunted on a coffee date with my love.
The Cambridge Satchel Poppy bag (here)