Visiting a city for one day is extremely short by any standard. Here it is what I’ve learned about Warsaw and Polish people so far:
1. With 8 out of 10 buildings being completely demolished during WW2, the old town has been faithfully restored to its pre-war appearance.
2. Food in Poland is delicious. It is very similar to Russian and other Slavic countries cuisine. Meaning lots, lots of meat and cream coated salads. Keep in mind you will always be served extra large portions.
3. John Paul the 2nd is very much loved in Poland. He is popularity is equivalent to a rock star. With that being said, Polish people are deeply religious.
4. I love people-watching and what a feast for the eyes the inhabitants of Warsaw are. If wouldn’t be invading the privacy of the pedestrians I would take pictures of each one of them and play the ‘storytelling game’.
5. Polish people are kind, warm-hearted and hospitable.
Stay attuned, next stop will be Krakow…