Looking at the pictures from our recent trip to Poland fills me with nostalgy. Krakow was the third stop on our itinerary and I could go as far as to tell you that is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and one of my most favourites.
Here are some fun facts about Krakow:
- It is located in the southern part of the country and it used to be the former capital of Poland. Fortunately for all of us, the Nazis had decided to rather not demolish the city (partially its citizens) therefore, it came us nearly unscathed after the WW2.
- The historic center of the city has been inscribed in UNESCO since 1978.
- The movie ‘Schindler’s list’ released in 1994 made the city worldwide known. Spielberg took only 3 months to film the movie. It leaves little to the imagination, as how badly the city must have looked in the early 90s.
- Krakow is a heaven for history lovers.
- There are numerous restaurants and cafes spread around the city serving delicious food.
- Every location worth seeing is within 15 minutes walking distance from the center. If you are thinking to visit with your elderly beloved ones, do not hesitate.
- Krakow is a very romantic city. I can imagine it being equal to Paris’s popularity one day. Hurry up before it gets as expensive.
Picture worthy details everywhere.
M. took the picture of those two guys observing the tourist crowds. I wonder what had they been thinking.
Zakopane was the last stop of our trip. It is located at the feet of the Tatras mountains and it was such a majestic place. In the evening, we fell asleep staring at the stars from the roof window of our rental apartment and we felt impossibly lucky for being there.
I am advising you as I would a dear friend. You have to visit Poland…