• 10 mundane steps to get you through a rough day

Advice-giving has never really been one of my strong talents. Growing older, I’ve come to simply hate it. Nevertheless, nothing surpasses my dislike for books on advising you how to live your life. I’ve always preferred books with a plot, where I could draw my own conclusion on role modelling.

One that note I would like to enlist 10 mundane and simple things which help me to survive a rough day:

blog 2.jpg

1. Meeting with a dear friend has been proven numerous times to help. However, when I hit a low point, I become extremely introvert and opt for minimal contact with other human beings, apart from my other half, that is.

blog

2. Reading has always been my escape from reality. It is an addiction initiated during my adolescence and there isn’t a single day gone by, without reading a paragraph or a page of my book.

blog 5.jpg

3. “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” I won’t be able to rephrase it as beautifully as Audre Lorde but taking a long hot shower and taking care of myself it does go a long way.

blog 7.jpg

4. Outdoor walks and sports.

blog.jpg

5. Distancing myself from my own problems, it has proven repeatedly to help regain perspective. Although it is not easily achievable, especially when the imposing problem is fresh.

siedlce_1_day_5.jpg

6. Cleaning the house and organising my clothes. Attacking the dust with a vengeance, makes me feel oh so much better.

blog 8.jpg

7. Talking to my mom always but always make me feel better. Cheers to all the mothers out there.

blog 6.jpg

8. Comfort food and a hot cup of tea. Trust me it always works.

9. New hobbies, such as this one (here) and (here).

10. Last but not least, sadness and happiness are extreme feelings, often uncomfortable.     I won’t confess which one the most! Most important is, I make it my goal to feel them purely, each on its own, instead of an oversaturated being OKAY emotional state.

Fig 26.jpg

How do you get through a difficult day?

I love reading your comments.

Cheers,

• April 17, 2016 / 12:13 pm

It is not easy for me either to do sports. Once I do though I feel amazing. Thanks for commenting pretty girl!

1. April 17, 2016 / 9:56 pm

This post is so inspirational, and full of such happy vibes! love it!

2. Stella
      April 18, 2016 / 7:00 am

Getting through a difficult day is very tough but I always try to overcome my difficult day by thinking abut all the positive things I have in my life. I always convince myself that it could be worse and there are people facing 10x the difficult situation I’m facing (which is reality and true) I try to be thankful and study positive. Great post girl! Let’s connect and keep in touch on social network

• April 18, 2016 / 9:11 am

Thanks for commenting Stella! I will try to apply your way of thinking too. Takes a lot of effort and exercise to think positive!

3. April 18, 2016 / 12:45 pm

Great ideas for the rough day! I always listen to some music, especially when I feel exhausted or bewildered with all the things that pour on me.. It’s usually Claude Debussy. The songs make me feel special in some way. I wonder what music makes you happy?
      Warm hugs,
      Mary Books Gilbert (happy mom and writer)

• April 18, 2016 / 2:01 pm

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Indie rock makes very very happy.

4. April 18, 2016 / 12:48 pm

Hugs,
      Kirsten (mom and still a full time student of Oklahoma University)

• April 18, 2016 / 2:02 pm

Good luck with your studies Kirsten! Thanks for commenting!

• April 18, 2016 / 2:36 pm

Thank you for your kindness Alina! I’ve just started a few weeks ago and it is very encouraging that people like it.
        Let’s follow each other:)

April 18, 2016 / 2:31 pm

I am new to reading blogs. Just Natali’s and yours. This 10 mundane steps one is excellent, and can relate to all of them. It makes me realize I am not alone. Thank you.

• April 19, 2016 / 8:06 am

Thank you! I hope you are having a better day today!

6. April 19, 2016 / 4:24 pm

Great post girl! Let’s connect and keep in touch on social network