• The day we said I do

A few of might wonder why Denmark well let me tell you my darlings getting married in Germany is not easy for international couples, especially when one of them comes from Albania. Let me talk logistics and share my frustration with you; to get married in Germany one need an Ehefähigkeitszeugnis (certificate of no impediment) and according to Albanian wedding legislature the non-Albanian citizen needs a birth certificate from his home country, translated, apostilled in the Albanian embassy, then open a legal procedure in Albania which lasts 3 weeks. If you are skeptic about my complains, well this absurd birth certificate has to be only one month old and M. comes from Russia for God’s sake.

_DSC8493 blog.jpgThat my darlings left us no choice but head to Copenhagen, aka the Las Vegas of Europe. The ceremony lasted only 4 min, very industrialized; nevertheless it felt wonderful all the same. We felt so honored for the fact that few friends managed to fly to Copenhagen and make the day special.

The day we got married a gay parade took place in Copenhagen city; the streets were filled with love and happiness. People would stop us on the road to give their congratulations and best wishes. When back to Germany our friends would ask;

Does it feel any different?

Well NO; Exclude the fact that we were the center of attention for a day, the warm smiles we got from strangers, that ‘‘last coffee as single’’ epiphany moment at a hidden corner of Starbucks and all the things thereafter we first did as a married couple. These beautiful memories gift me with a warm fuzzy feeling in my chest and in a way yeah it does feel different.

_DSC8430 blog.jpg

_DSC8540 blog.jpg

_DSC8543 blog.jpg

I indulged myself with this beautiful The Kooples dress a while ago with the thought that even my daughter can wear it (this is how I justify expensive buys) and honestly I didn’t see the point of buying a white dress.

I hope you all are in good health. My days for the next two weeks are filled with DIY projects, wedding planning and thesis writing.

Love,

1. August 29, 2016 / 11:31 am

Congratulations beautiful people! I wish you a beautiful life, many beautiful children and grandchildren and beautiful moments.

2. August 29, 2016 / 11:42 am

Such an adorable couple. You two <3 <3

3. August 29, 2016 / 3:53 pm

I loved reading about your marriage. Thank you for sharing it 🙂 And I’m glad you found away around the bureaucratic nonsense!! xo, Marie

• August 29, 2016 / 7:49 pm

I am glad you liked it Marie! Thanks for passing by:)

August 29, 2016 / 4:44 pm

Gosh! With all that hassle its enough to make one not bother. But you did bother, so well done, and congratulations to both of you.
      That smile, that dress, those flowers, those shoes. But enough about you, Tatjana. Mallano looks a cool dude. The haircut, those shoes, the well tailored suit with perfect length of trouser leg. The snazzy bowtie. Well done, M. That’s what I say.
      Love, hugs and kisses, Jo

• August 29, 2016 / 7:51 pm

Thank you so much Jo! Have I told you how happy your comments make me?! A blog post is not complete without one. M. says thanks and that compliments are always welcomed in this house

5. thenomisniche
      August 29, 2016 / 8:36 pm

Congratulations! So happy for your two and I absolutely love these photos! Wishing you a long and happy marriage!

Love, Lindsey

• August 30, 2016 / 9:20 am

Thank you so much for passing by hon!

6. August 30, 2016 / 4:58 am

Finally! Here it is, so, so , so beautiful! True love at it’s best! A secret we haven’t shared with you yet, our mother is 100% Russian and our father is 100% Lithuanian, and the both of us were born in the Soviet Union as well! We came to the states in 1997 so it was kind of awesome to find out that M is from Russia! So we would just like to say поздравления to you and M! (hope that translated right, not the best russian keyboard over here)
      xoxo, simona and indre

• August 30, 2016 / 9:23 am

Glad you girls like it! You girls are s exotic! Do you speak any Russian? I might start learning after our wedding celebration is over. I wish you both a great day!

7. August 30, 2016 / 10:22 pm

congrats on the big day! so exciting! I am glad you two were able to find the perfect location to make it all happen 🙂

kelseybang.com

8. August 31, 2016 / 9:06 am

Aaw this is such a cute post – you two are the sweetest! And I wish you all the very best for the future <3
      xx, Carmen – http://www.carmitive.com

9. September 2, 2016 / 2:42 am

So sorry you guys had all that trouble with birth certificates and such. You both look so happy and gorgeous together. May God bless your union 🙂

10. September 3, 2016 / 12:31 pm

Congratulations on your wedding my love! I am so happy for you and wish you all the best for this new chapter in your life! Your wedding choice is so inspiring for me, this is how we want to do this with Anestis, just the two of us and a few good friends, no wedding gowns and big fat greek wedding style for me please haha ::)
      You both look fantastic, my warmest and sincerest wishes to both of you!
      Much Love,

11. September 3, 2016 / 5:55 pm

Congratulations! Cute photo’s! xoxo

12. September 13, 2016 / 4:27 am

Oh my goodness, congratulations on such a wonderful wedding and on the happiness it will bring! Weddings don’t need to be long and extravagant, they just need to have two people who will bring each other joy. 🙂 The photos are beyond lovely!!

xo