Winter season is here as the temperatures dropped below 0°C the past days here is Germany. As much as we love this season, one must acknowledge how tough it is for the human physiology. If you enjoy beautifying yourself, my darlings we need to put an extra effort I must say. I have collected few beauty tips for you today on the blog, some I’ve learned through experience and others from the best beauty gurus out there.
- After an excursion in the frigid outdoors, avoid extreme temperature alterations as it stresses the skin and creates wrinkles.
- Moisturize right after shower, preferably keep a bottle of moisturizer near the bathtub and apply on damp skin to seal the dampness. Love this Bergamot Pear bodymilk from Korres (here) and the Peach body butter from Body Shop (here).
- Apply moisturizer at least 30 min before stepping outdoors, as it contains water and can freeze on skin. Favorite face (and neck) moisturizers Kiehl’s (here), Lavera (here), Avene (here).
- Moisturize in the evening the dryer areas like hands, feet, elbows, and knees. I preferably apply moisturizer before sleep and few times wear cotton gloves and socks to seal in the moisture until the morning.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your hair as it frizzes easily in winter. Apply generous conditioner at the tips. I make it my goal to use hair mask at least once a week. I’m loving the Mythical Olive from Garnier at the moment (here). It smells divine and lasts for ages.
- Cover your hair when you go out even if you have flat head afterward, the cold wind damages the strands and no one likes split ends.
- Exfoliate your body with a dry brush before heading to the shower. Use a wooden brush with stiff bristles and take gentle strokes throughout your body. It helps remove the dead cells and increases blood circulation.
- Well, this is not a beauty hack but be sure to eat lots of seasonal fruits, rich in Vitamin C. The skin will appear healthier and plus prevents catching a cold.