• Winter Beauty Tips

Winter season is here as the temperatures dropped below 0°C the past days here is Germany. As much as we love this season, one must acknowledge how tough it is for the human physiology. If you enjoy beautifying yourself, my darlings we need to put an extra effort I must say. I have collected few beauty tips for you today on the blog, some I’ve learned through experience and others from the best beauty gurus out there.

_DSC2134 be funky 3 blog.jpg

• After an excursion in the frigid outdoors, avoid extreme temperature alterations as it stresses the skin and creates wrinkles.
    • Moisturize right after shower, preferably keep a bottle of moisturizer near the bathtub and apply on damp skin to seal the dampness. Love this Bergamot Pear bodymilk from Korres (here) and the Peach body butter from Body Shop (here).
    • Apply moisturizer at least 30 min before stepping outdoors, as it contains water and can freeze on skin. Favorite face (and neck) moisturizers Kiehl’s (here), Lavera (here), Avene (here).

_DSC2162 blog.jpg

• Moisturize in the evening the dryer areas like hands, feet, elbows, and knees. I preferably apply moisturizer before sleep and few times wear cotton gloves and socks to seal in the moisture until the morning.
    • Use lukewarm water to wash your hair as it frizzes easily in winter. Apply generous conditioner at the tips. I make it my goal to use hair mask at least once a week. I’m loving the Mythical Olive from Garnier at the moment (here). It smells divine and lasts for ages.

_DSC2156 blog.jpg

• Cover your hair when you go out even if you have flat head afterward, the cold wind damages the strands and no one likes split ends.
    • Exfoliate your body with a dry brush before heading to the shower. Use a wooden brush with stiff bristles and take gentle strokes throughout your body. It helps remove the dead cells and increases blood circulation.
    • Well, this is not a beauty hack but be sure to eat lots of seasonal fruits, rich in Vitamin C. The skin will appear healthier and plus prevents catching a cold.

_DSC2181 b funky blog.jpg

Asos winter fluffy knit (here), Karen Millen military dress SOLD OUT, M’s Flirt Porzellan mug (here) mine comes in red:)

1. November 30, 2016 / 10:03 am

I think the first picture is my favorite one ever! But really…wooooow…*dropped jaws*

Lots of luv T.

• December 1, 2016 / 9:42 am

Glad you like it hon! Hugs

November 30, 2016 / 10:38 am

Happy Wednesday, Tatjana.
      Well,its minus 5deg. C here. So I’m sure I’m in need of these tips too.
      I love the Body Shop and many of their products. I use the Hemp hand cream and olive shower gel. I loved the scent of smoky poppy body butter, but it is discontinued. I shall have to begin experimenting with moisturizers.
      I love that cup. Wonder if I can find it here. I have a Chinese cup with a lid that I use often.
      Another gorgeous photo of you, T. Would that my skin was that good.
      Have a happy day. Keep snug and warm. Kisses, Jo

• December 1, 2016 / 9:42 am

Happy Thursday Jo! The smoky poppy sounds so good! I have the peachy scent, it just smells so good!
        My mother has a peach tree in her garden and it reminds me of home every time I apply it.
        Have a great day! Hugs

3. November 30, 2016 / 4:39 pm

These are great tips and you look stunning! Also, your skin is glowing so I’ll follow your advice. My skin has been breaking out lately because it’s been so dry out so I am definitely applying thicker amounts of moisturizer and drinking lots of water! That sweater is amazing too, it looks like the coziest thing ever.

4. November 30, 2016 / 5:08 pm

Something less to worry about here… we only have summer and rain however the problem here is humidity! You can get your hair done and walk outside a second later and the frizz takes over.

• December 1, 2016 / 9:39 am

May I ask where you live Lorena?

5. November 30, 2016 / 5:48 pm

Thanks for these good reminders! You look lovely, too 🙂

• December 1, 2016 / 2:03 pm

Oh yes, it’s a never ending story right?!

6. December 1, 2016 / 10:51 pm

Hi! These tips are sooo good! The key is actually to moisturise the skin, isn’t it? I go this weekend to Belgium, so I guess that I’ll need to apply your advices.

Thanks also for passing by, your blog is spr cool! MG

7. December 1, 2016 / 11:42 pm

what great ideas! I’m definitely in need of a new facial moisturizer, but thankfully have recently found an amazing body one!

XO Sahra
      Que Sera Sahra

8. December 2, 2016 / 4:11 am

I love these tips! I usually like do most of my moisturizing just before bed because I feel like my skin absorbs everything better at night.
      Dora