• Summer in the city

I might just go ahead and say, I think summer is finally here. The anticipation for this season and contentment  feels nearly tangible. Never had I thought  that I would equally enjoy summers far from the Mediterranian Sea. cc632e5953f986c437587c7d6b484c7d.jpg

On summer afternoons, we enjoy city strolls either on foot or by bike. Streets and parks are usually filled with people relaxing on the grass or drinking beers in outdoor cafes and bars.

f2c0e6bf8c2c9a462ab2d6a40ac3a84b

Catching up with friends. Although not often enough, as in summers I always have more work compared to winter.

cc0d80fe0e98713bc8afe7355806367d

f833f093a16859da332051a0a5d1f7d2.jpg

Picnic in the city parks has to be my favorite activity of summer in Germany. We usually bring some fruit and snacks with us. I sunbath and read while M. is struggles for balance on his slackline. Heavenly time!

cefc6c88f0c2a0444ef66465f4d91d9f

We do have swimmable lakes, luckily in our region. Oh, I have to tell you about the first time I set my foot on a lake here in Germany. Little did I know about the yike, soft ground. It had me reminiscing of frog hunting in the natural pools of my village.

52074a160a760857a14a0e3635cd32b5.jpg

The picture below represents some of the best evenings I’ve had in Erlangen. When the city is quiescent and the working day has ended.  Sitting in our favorite cafe, catching up with a glass of cooled Aperol in hand.

491bd618692d01a631187447015d95af

All pictures via Pinterest

Can’t wait to show you some pictures from the upcoming summer days.

How do you plan to enjoy the summer season? Do you live in a city or country side?

Do not tell me you live close to the sea, I will be extremely jealous!

Cheers,

May 29, 2016 / 12:07 am

Well. I am about to make you extremely jelous. I live a 15 minute walk from the seaside, and a 15 minute walk from the countryside, with forests and hills and open landscapes. A lovely place to live.
      Soon, I am going to Brugge in Belgium to see friends, and later on
      Walking in the Dolomites. X

• May 29, 2016 / 10:11 pm

How lucky you are! Wish you would share pictures too

May 30, 2016 / 9:04 am

If I took pictures I would share them with you. I do have a camera, and, of course, this phone takes photos, but I never use them. Must try harder. X

2. May 29, 2016 / 12:51 pm

It looks amazing there, where you enjoy your summer days 🙂 I live in a big city and far away from the sea which is really disappointing but when I’m older I want to go to California!

xx Alina

May 29, 2016 / 7:28 pm

I must add what a pretty white sundress that is in the first photo.
      Also, an explanation is required.
      What is a slackline?
      Hugs.

• May 29, 2016 / 10:10 pm

I love the dress too! Slackline is a rope tided up between two trees. M. loves balancing on this thing hehe

May 30, 2016 / 8:59 am

Well. You was talking about wearing more pretty dresses. This could be one of them.
          Slackline sounds dangerous to me. X

4. May 31, 2016 / 1:14 pm

Though I live so close to the sea, I must admit that this post makes me want to spend some summer days in the city too! Erlangen looks amazing, I hope to visit one day as I have only been to Germany twice in Munich (my sister has permanently relocated there). I wish you and M. a wonderful summer, keep sharing your beautiful photos and memories with us 🙂
      Kisses!

• June 1, 2016 / 9:44 pm

Glad I’m not the only one! I miss the frog songs during hot summer nights. Do you know what I mean?