• Summer Memories

_DSC4693 blog.jpg

One of my cherished memories from my childhood is when school season would come to an end, and my mother would open our clothing chest. I used to beg her to bring the operation on sooner but as any other Mediterranian, overprotective mother out there, wearing summer clothing means that temperatures have to heat at least 35°C.

The day the chest was opened was a celebrated day on my behalf. I would settle at the feet of my mom’s bed and observe her opening Pandora’s box.

My sister’s size and mine were measured and clothes were shuffled. I audaciously confide, that cloth swapping with my sister, for me back then was repugnant. A complete taboo I may add, thereupon clothes had to be separated at the beginning of the season to best avoid fights.

blog

blog

blog

blog

Even now I take great care with rearranging my wardrobe accordingly to a season’s requirement. Admittedly the line between seasons, because of global warming has sadly become sheer blurry and I try to keep everything within reach.

blog

M. and I shot this picture while heading for refreshing summer drinks in the city. My jeans are from Maje, top from Sandro Paris, bracelet handmade, sandals Chie Mihara, bag from Zara.

What are your early summer memories? Love reading your comments.

Cheers,

1. May 30, 2016 / 9:38 am

My early summer memories…well…we just had summer in Kenya…so no, nothing really special :-/
      But the German weather has made that change. Seeing the pictures gives me an instant summer feeling!
      X0X0

2. May 30, 2016 / 3:00 pm

Interesting question.. Well I really do love summer time even though I am born in January I am totally summer person and I love everything about it!
      Positive vibes all the way 🙂
      xx

May 30, 2016 / 5:52 pm

My earliest memories of summer were going on holiday with my parents. For about eight years we went to the same guest house at the seaside. Every dinnertime began with tomato soup. Tinned soup. I won’t say the make, but compared with today’s freshly made tomato soups, back then it was horrible!

4. May 31, 2016 / 1:10 pm

What a great post Tatjana! First of all you are so beautiful and classy! Your look is the perfect casual chic attire to go for drinks in the city, but for so many other occasions as well! I remember too those times when my mother was opening the summer clothing chest, me and my younger sister had such an excitement! And yes, sharing clothes with her was such a repugnant task back then haha 🙂
      I am very glad to have found your blog! Wishing you a great rest of the week!
      Kisses from Mykonos!

• May 31, 2016 / 1:53 pm

I wish you a great week too! Thanks for the lovely comments

5. Amy Arnold
      May 31, 2016 / 3:15 pm

I love childhood summer memories. Your denim is so great!

Amy Ann
      Straight A Style

May 31, 2016 / 4:58 pm

I might have said already that I am not really taken with jeans. Bought some in my teen’s and did not get on with them. The jeans you are wearing with the pretty star’s look lovely. Not only that. But you look great from behind.
      Hugs

• May 31, 2016 / 5:28 pm

haha thank you Jo! I love them too. The best part is that the star is stitched.

May 31, 2016 / 5:38 pm

Oh, how wonderful. That means you could rearrange them into the group shape of stars. e.g. Orion, Plough, Great Bear. Or am I being silly?

7. annabelenn
      May 31, 2016 / 11:16 pm

Precioso el outfit entero, los pantalones son amor y los zapatos son maravillosos un beso. Anny.