Even before I stepped outside today and slipped my gloves on I knew the bright sunshine was a brutish reminder of long gone summer days. While there is beauty in every season we have such short summers here in Germany that at the moment I’m feeling very melancholic of the things not doing this summer.
1. I only had one freddo-cappucino this summer. For those of you who don’t know freddo-cappucino is; think delicious bi-layered coffee with a cold espresso shot on the bottom and cold-whipped cream on top. Unfortunately not very wide-spread in the Northern European countries. The only version of cold coffee offered in Germany is filtered coffee with ice-cream.
2. Reading a book under the shade of thick maple trees in my favorite park.
3. No relish in lazy days for me this summer due to wedding planning, blogging and working in two jobs.
4. Late summer nights, looking at the stars and sipping cold white wine and ‘where does the time go?’ discussions with friends were grievously very few.
5. Wearing fewer clothes. Let me make a pause here and confess that I’m always cold; especially my feet are ice-cold and due to weather swings in most summer days in Germany I’m always feeling chilly. It goes without saying here, that doesn’t stop me from buying summer clothing.
Do not shy away from sharing your frustrations about the long gone summer days and things you’ve missed this summer on the comments below.
You can find us as well on Instagram.