• 5 things I regret not doing this summer

blog

Even before I stepped outside today and slipped my gloves on I knew the bright sunshine was a brutish reminder of long gone summer days. While there is beauty in every season we have such short summers here in Germany that at the moment I’m feeling very melancholic of the things not doing this summer.

_DSC8853 blog.jpg

_DSC8871_be funky_blog.jpg1. I only had one freddo-cappucino this summer. For those of you who don’t know freddo-cappucino is; think delicious bi-layered coffee with a cold espresso shot on the bottom and cold-whipped cream on top. Unfortunately not very wide-spread in the Northern European countries. The only version of cold coffee offered in Germany is filtered coffee with ice-cream.

2. Reading a book under the shade of thick maple trees in my favorite park.

3. No relish in lazy days for me this summer due to wedding planning, blogging and working in two jobs.

4. Late summer nights, looking at the stars and sipping cold white wine and ‘where does the time go?’ discussions with friends were grievously very few.

5. Wearing fewer clothes. Let me make a pause here and confess that I’m always cold; especially my feet are ice-cold and due to weather swings in most summer days in Germany I’m always feeling chilly. It goes without saying here, that doesn’t stop me from buying summer clothing.

_DSC8819 blog.jpg

blog

Do not shy away from sharing your frustrations about the long gone summer days and things you’ve missed this summer on the comments below.

You can find us as well on Instagram.

Cheers,

1. October 5, 2016 / 8:15 pm

This is a beautiful post T. The pictures are on point! Loved reading it :-)!
      Lot of luv.

2. Face to Curls
      October 6, 2016 / 3:28 am

I enjoyed reading this so much. I am so with you, totally regret 2, 3 and 4 as well. It’s hard to believe summer is over! Love the photos!

Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

• October 6, 2016 / 9:59 am

Thanks so much Ann-Marie!

3. October 6, 2016 / 5:16 am

What a sweet and lovely post, Tatjana!! You look lovely in your pics and I love that your list is honest, earnest and all about enjoying the finer things in life.

Tatjana – you’ll have to forgive me. I think you sent me a Facebook friend request and I didn’t recognize the name and deleted it. Would you please resend? I would love to add you on Facebook! xoxox

4. October 6, 2016 / 5:01 pm

I can relate to many of your regrets. I also wish I’d read my books outside in the park, or worn my favorite denim shorts every. single. day. I’m always cold, too, and I really took for granted the heat of the summer days. Now, I’ll have to make sure I do everything I’d like in the cold season! xo from Italy 🙂

October 6, 2016 / 7:45 pm

A quick comment. Will tell more when I get home. But those three portrait photos of you are beautiful. They have the look of Michelangelo’s
      Mona Lisa about them.
      Kisses, Jo

6. Doreen's Style Diary
      October 7, 2016 / 2:50 am

Beautiful photos. I wish I’ve gone to the beach more this summer.

7. October 7, 2016 / 3:25 am

I agree! I have so many things that I couldn’t do in summer and I am looking forward to the summer of 2017 haha

love from Grace Says ♥

8. October 7, 2016 / 7:26 am

beautiful photographs x

9. October 9, 2016 / 9:06 am

Ahh Tatjana mou.. We always regret the things we don’t do eventually right? I am totally feeling you here! I regret for letting work take over me this summer and did’t work out at all for 3-4 months, when I could just go swimming even for 20 minutes each morning! But when the phones at work start ringing from 6 am… haha! Overall we both have regretted not taking some extra time for ourselves to indulge in these everyday happy moments like a cold freddo cappuccino or a glass of wine. I am really not doing this again! Lately I have been waking up really early and it goes well cause I have some extra time for me and tomorrow I am starting gym again too ha! I hope you are doing great my darling and wish you a beautiful Sunday! Hope we enjoy together a coffee in Munich really soon!
      PS: Insta challenge accepted, will write down some things soon!
      Much Love,