• Thoughts on negative thinking

_DSC7006 blog.jpg

The dried, frozen grass sparkles brighter than Swarovski crystals,  as I walk home, the temperatures are 6 degrees below zero. My mind moves my body and my body follows the mind. Naturally, negative thoughts harm my body, I sit powerless on the couch, a hot cup of tea in hand. I am passionate about life, rarely my brain will switch on the dark side. It isn’t pretty, neither happy, thankfully doesn’t last long.

A warm embrace lifts me up, helps me to get dressed and hand in hand we step out in the cold streets. The condensation of our exhales is mingling in the air, the click-clack sound of my heel serves as a conversation opener.  M is honestly the wisest person I know, as I lean closer to his warm body he says ‘life isn’t a linear equation, only simple minds dwell on negative thoughts’.

As you guys might know, I live in Germany at the moment and I’ve had the honor to meet some great people in my life. At our wedding, we had 17 nationalities out of 45 guests, some of my friends have had a really hard life, withstood tough times to be where we are. There is this person, who might never read this post, the smile never escapes that beautiful face, everlastingly with the kindest words. Happiness is a state of mind, not a set of circumstances, isn’t it?!

December 4, 2016 / 9:02 am

That is beautifully written, T. In fact it has made me view my forthcoming birthday in a different light. A much brighter light. Thank you so much.
      Kisses, Jo

• December 5, 2016 / 11:30 pm

Oh I am so happy you’ve enjoyed this post Jo! I’ve been feeling a bit strange lately due to some stress regarding my studies. Writing it down made me feel so much better!
        I hope this year you will enjoy your birthday. Pity you’re not living nearby, we could have coffee and cake:) Hugs

December 4, 2016 / 4:50 pm

What a beautiful post. I think we can all relate to those inexplicable moments of confusion/sadness at times, but you’re totally right – happiness is a state of mind and 100% worth striving for! 🙂

• December 5, 2016 / 11:27 pm

Glad you’ve enjoyed the post Gabrielle!

3. December 4, 2016 / 6:49 pm

Yes, you’re right: happiness is a state of mind 🙂 and we have to choose it always.
      xx dasynka

• December 5, 2016 / 11:27 pm

Thanks for passing by Dasynka!

4. December 5, 2016 / 1:10 am

Wow, such a beautifully written post, dear. Yes, I did have those strange moments when my mind wants to go to a darker place, but like you, I try to avoid it, cause it’s not helpful. I’m really glad to know that you have that important person in your life that helps you go through those moments. <3
      xx

• December 5, 2016 / 11:26 pm

Thank you so much Deborah! Glad you enjoyed the post and I hope you have that special person in your life as well

5. December 5, 2016 / 2:45 am

Happiness IS a state of mind! One of my favorite quotes is, “Gratitude turns what you have into enough.” Happy Holidays, love! xx

Kit | THINGS SHE LOVES

• December 5, 2016 / 11:25 pm

Beautiful quote! Thanks so much for passing by Kit!

6. December 5, 2016 / 3:09 pm

This was such a beautiful read.And so relevant to many of us who struggle to stay cheerful when the weather turns so much colder. xx, Marie

• December 5, 2016 / 11:24 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, Marie! Hugs xx

7. December 5, 2016 / 7:49 pm

Thank you for sharing this. I battle with depression and sometimes it’s difficult to get my mind back to a happy place. I just look back on everything I have accomplished, everything I have, and remember that I am truly blessed. <3 I am lucky to have a good man who helps put a smile on my face and helps me "get out of my head."

• December 5, 2016 / 11:24 pm

Same for me girl! I’m trying to make myself remember what I’ve accomplished and the things that really matter. Some days is fairly easy, other days not.

8. December 9, 2016 / 6:41 pm

Even though I call myself a realist I have so much to be thankful for.
      I think that happiness is a choice. Sometimes to have to overlook things to get there..