Skagen Rungsted Watch

I have finally a new watch on my wrist. I would like to make it a big deal today, if you don’t mind, in my nearly 30 years of like this is the second watch I’ve ever owned. It was a gift for my recent graduation and I won’t live without it. I belong to the category of people, who feel naked and insecure without a watch, cells phones won’t help. I love the square design, not too bulky- with a rather big face but it works fine for my thin wrist. Simple and versatile, curated by Skagen, famous for the Danish-Scandinavian minimalist designs.

I believe is obvious how much I’ve been enjoying winter. I find myself rather savoring the low temperatures. Finally, M’s expression-there isn’t such a thing as feeling cold, only poorly dressed, has become my lifestyle. We took a walk the other day in a forest close to Erlangen and spotted a herd of deer.  Unfortunately for us, they were too fast to be captured by a manual lens.

Skagen Rungsted watch (here)

_DSC4036_be funky blog.jpg_DSC4072 blog.jpg_DSC4040 blog.jpg_DSC4067 blog.jpg_DSC4075 blog.jpg_DSC4080 blog.jpg

1. January 11, 2017 / 3:48 pm

Beautiful pictures T. The fairy tale winter scenery 🙂 and a nice watch too…

January 12, 2017 / 10:32 am

That is a beautiful watch, T. It’s what I call a proper watch. A nice size, with hands and a face. I’m sure I do not have to tell you, but if the Sun is out you can use it instead of a compass to find your way. Lovely photos. I can tell you are having fun in all that snow.
    Hugs, Jo

• January 12, 2017 / 10:39 am

It was a beautiful day Jo! The snow felt like powder, while walking. Please go ahead and tell me more. I am so bad at orientation

January 12, 2017 / 12:17 pm

Probably you will wish you never asked.
        To find south using the Sun, hold your watch flat, so that the Sun shines on the face. Turn it round till the hour hand points to the Sun. Imagine a straight line going across the centre of the watch that is half way between the 12 and the hour hand. The line continuing out from there is true south.
        Please do not lose your watch in the snow. You will never forgive me. X

3. January 12, 2017 / 3:56 pm

These photos are so dreamy, what a beautiful forest dressed in snow, so whimsical! I can imagine how beautiful the deer must have looked in the snow, too! As for your watch, it looks beautiful on you! I especially love the band, which gives it a nice dressy feel. Thanks for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you’re having a wonderful week so far!

XO,

Jalisa

4. January 12, 2017 / 9:06 pm

Such beautiful pictures T – and such a pretty watch. Skagen has those amazing superb quality mesh wristbands that last a lifetime ! I have several timepieces from older collections and they do not disappoint.

• January 12, 2017 / 10:01 pm

It makes me happy to hear that the watch will last long. I get so emotionally attached to the items I wear everyday like a watch or my gloves:)

5. January 13, 2017 / 9:47 am

I love how you present the watch in this post T! It’s a wonderful classic piece!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my recent posts, I really appreciate all of your feedback.
    And please excuse my absence as well. I totally get you with those intensive times!
    xx and all the best, Carmen – http://www.carmitive.com