• Shopping habits and trustworthy brands

_DSC9510_be funky blog.jpg

I’ve been going through my wardrobe afresh sorting out my clothes by selling some and donating others. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about my style and those few key pieces I need to acquire to live with me for at least 5 years.

There are so many temptations, especially with fashion trends spreading through social media like a virus. Heartily there is nothing wrong with that when the budget allows you to. In my case that’s a complete other story, I give myself an allowance every month and with that amount of money I have to make decisions very consciously.

For some of you the budged would be ridiculously small and for others maybe not. What I try to always remember when shopping to stick the budget and pay attention to quality. I can’t press this highly enough, quality goes above all as often I have to buy only one item per month.

I am planning to make another post soon about the brands I love and trust, pressing point here for Petite Women. Let me know in the comments below if you would be interested in something relevant.

_DSC9522 blog.jpg

_DSC9527 blog.jpg

_DSC9517_be funky blog.jpg

I realized one day that I must be the only adult woman out there who doesn’t own a pair of hoop earrings. I had to remedy that and Jenny Bird convinced me about the quality of her creations. I own two items from her collection and I am very satisfied. The only backdrop is back of the earrings not meeting my quality standards very well. Do you guys know that you can actually write to brands and give them an honest review?

Here is a very good example: I bought my Chie Mihara sandals on Ebay, brand new but God knows from which collection they are. The buckle was making my feet bleed although the shoes are extremely comfortable. I wrote to the brand about this tiny problem, they send me a shipping bar code to Spain and back where they shoes were repaired by adding a small piece of leather on the inside of the buckle. Now this is what I call a first class service and a trustworthy brand.

_DSC9531 blog.jpg

_DSC9526 blog.jpg

_DSC9521 blog.jpg

Maje skirt (here), love this one (here), The Ragged Priest T-shirt (here), Chie Mihara sandals (here), Jenny Bird Hula hoops (here).

I hope my darling’s you enjoyed today’s post and much as we did creating it.

For daily doses of TbyMallano follow us on Instagram.

Cheers,

October 14, 2016 / 12:45 pm

I hadn’t ever considered writing to a brand before to express my opinions/problems, so thanks for the tip! Glad to hear they managed to repair your shoes making them wearable! 🙂

• October 14, 2016 / 12:48 pm

You should Gabrielle! If a brand respects their customers they always take position and responsibility. Thanks for passing by love

2. October 14, 2016 / 9:52 pm

Such a nice skirt, perfect for summer time! <3
      Please check out my blog too. That are absolutely stunning photos!

violaroth.com

• October 15, 2016 / 10:56 am

Thanks so much for passing by Viola!

October 15, 2016 / 3:44 pm

Greetings my Dear one. Yes I have written to brands in the past. For example: faulty biscuits and a radio that lasted just over a year.
      The former, I was sent 20 tokens to get replacements. The latter, a brand new radio that is still going well after 15 years!
      As a designer, I can tell you that quality control used to be carried out in the factory. Now, it is more cost effective to have goods tested by the buyer.
      If you are hiking this weekend. Have a lovely one.
      Kisses, Jo

• October 15, 2016 / 5:44 pm

Greetings to you too Jo! Unfortunately not, M. has to work this weekend😑

October 15, 2016 / 6:42 pm

I can’t see me hiking tomorrow. The weather has turned to, AWFUL!!. Think I will clear my wardrobe too. Get it ready for my winter collection.
          Like your outfit. Lovely skirt. X

• October 15, 2016 / 6:44 pm

Have fun with that Jo 🙂

4. October 15, 2016 / 6:37 pm

Your outfit is super duper cute! I really like how you mixed the prints, not many people can pull that off. And your hoop earrings look great 🙂

xx, rebecca
      rbcmrm.blogspot.de

• October 15, 2016 / 6:43 pm

Thanks so much Rebecca!

5. October 21, 2016 / 11:24 pm

I’ve written to brands and the customer service has been 50/50 – so cool that they worked on your sandals, that speaks positively about the brand- oh and you have a new follower ; )

• October 22, 2016 / 10:59 am

That’s makes me so happy Hon!