If you’ve been around my blog for a while you will know I am a passionate second-hand garment buyer. The reasons are countless; cost-effective, environment-friendly and as a romantic soul I see clothing more than just that but a history continuation.
Today I would like to share with my guide to second -hand online shopping as it is a sort of gambling most of the times. You will be amazed how many items from current collections are available on online second-hand retailers. Why not make two people happy at the same time?! Be aware online shopping does require lots of patience and I consider it relaxation time, most people would NOT.
Here are a few things you need to know, save yourself precious time and money:
- Pay attention to pictures and do ask the sellers for additional detailed ones. I prefer to have the clothing worn by the seller and I do ask for body measurements. I am a meticulous, annoying buyer I know…
- In addition, I personally like to check more pictures about the fitting on other normal people, aka bloggers.
- Take your time deciding and do not forget the 30 times rule.
- Negotiate on the price. I kindly ask if the seller would go down on the price, some do, others not. Asking hasn’t hurt anyone.
- Do ask how ofter has the item been worn and pray for an honest reply. I personally have been a couple of times disappointed with used items beeing sold as new.
- Avoid cosmetics and shoes! Attention herpes and fungi.
- Avoid easily copied items such as sunglasses and designer bags.
- Fresh accounts without any reviews selling Valentino Garavani for 200€ (new 1500€), pop up like mushrooms after rain on eBay and will surely break your heart.
- I might sound very adventurous but I am not, preferably I shop brands I know they fit. Do try the brand you are interested in, real time, research is of extreme importance here.
- If the clothing doesn’t fit, don’t dwell on it, sell it further and make another person happy.
I would love to hear if there is anyone in the crowd sharing the same passion with me. Any additional remarks are very welcomed on TbyMallano.