Petites united, I know it deep inside my heart you are tired of one size-fits-all clothing, paying a small fortune for tailoring, and of course the mini skirt not exposing enough skin. We live in good times darlings, where the fashion industry had decided to not overlook the low sell-through niche customers such as petite and oversize.
You’ll find a selection of brands to shop on today’s post, tested first hand to flatter your size and not break your bank account. A general rule, due to demographic variances in population most of these brands are created in Europe, however in the last few years US fashion market has been reformed by brands such as J. Crew and Reformation.
1. Asos Petite launched the petite niche in 2011 I believe and now retails more that 1000 products. Perfect for in budget options, without sacrificing quality.
2. Topshop Petite store updates in trends as frequently as your Instagram account. You will find a great selection of mini skirts, knee-length and midi dresses, skirts, coats and all your heart desires.
3. Karen Millen offers clothing in a different price range but ladies you get what you pay for. I actually swear upon this brand as their clothing fits me like a glove. If plan to visit UK, pay a visit to a Karen Millen store, I was shocked to visit their store in San Fransisco, we talk about nearly double the price in the continent.
5. Maje is one of my favorite brand at the moment. Launched in 1999, they do French style oh so well. Opt for the sale season as they hit the 50% off, I promise you will feel coutured in a heartbeat. The same rules apply to the 3 below mentioned brands.
7. Diesel is my favorite jeans brands, pricey but the fitting and length works wonders on my body type. Made in Italy in 1978, in addition to jeans they offer sunglasses, shoes and perfumes. I can guarantee first-hand their jeans are worth paying for.
10. J. Crew tailors for petites and unfortunately the brand ships from USA, meaning extra import taxes for us European girls. I love the knits and coats.
11. Reformation promises in addition to love petites, sustainable and eco-friendly fashion. Curated in USA, freshly out of the over in 2009, Reformation offers the most beautiful selection of summer dresses. See for yourself.
12. Christy Dawn made in Los Angeles inspired by vintage materials and clothing. What I love most about the brand in addition to style is the usage of dead stock fabrics to reduce environmental footprints. Christy Dawn is pricey but I promise you uniqueness, femininity and quality.
What are your favorite brands for your body time? I love discovering new brands, in a world overruled by Zara.