• New Year Resolution List

I’m running happily across the street, flicking my hair right and left, accommodating M’s on-the-move photography experiment. Normally this time of the year I would be consumed with drawing the new resolution list and plan-making for the upcoming year. However, can’t make myself get into it for 2017. Let me explain word by word; 2016 has been an emotional roller-coaster for us, if I may speak for M as well.

We learned new skills and discovered just as many about ourselves. We had to figuratively broaden our point of view, discover what we want in life and whom we want to experience it with. There is a silly question asked in job interviews, it goes like this; where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A latte macchiato in hand, in a dimly lighted cafe in Erlangen, we lay out a vision on M’s notebook. Ground and bone breaking questions such as are we happy living in Germany for the rest of our lives? Aren’t we too young to settle this early? When should we start a family? How about acquiring new skills by changing jobs? How about blogging? What makes us happy?

I bounce the question in my mind, release it in the breathing space I share with M; Where do we see ourselves in 5 years?  What you guys don’t know about us is that we actually met in Germany, each of us came here with a luggage in hand, knew nobody at first. Starting all over isn’t easy, even for two experienced souls.

I have a bunch of unanswered questions in hand as a resolution list for 2017. I would be easier to write down mundane tasks such as Everyday is a Good Hair Day (failed miserably in 2016). I have the feeling 2017 is the year of reflection and important decisions. Let’s see where life brings us once again.

I am wearing:

Maje Olive coat (here), similar (here) and (here)

Lee Scarlet jeans (here)

Topshop body (here)

Karl Lagerfeld blazer (vintage)

Zara Scarf (here)

Roeckle gloves (here)

Boots Chocolate Negro

Pandora leaf earrings (here)

_DSC3160_be funky blog.jpg_DSC3098_be funky blog.jpgnew year backgrounds_DSC3115 blog.jpg_DSC3103_be funky blog.jpg_DSC3117 blog.jpg_DSC3113 be funky blog.jpg_DSC3121 blog.jpg

1. December 28, 2016 / 8:29 am

Nice looks!

• December 29, 2016 / 6:59 pm

I have some doubts with such personal posts and feels so good hearing that you enjoy them girl! Hugs

2. December 28, 2016 / 3:52 pm

How very insightful T!
      I never make NYE resolutions, while I do follow certain parameters I have learned that you really cannot control much.. so its more or less, what’s next?

• December 29, 2016 / 6:57 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful comment, Lorena! As I grow older (and hopefully wiser), I tend to just plan for the day hehe

December 28, 2016 / 7:05 pm

Wow! You two. These are some big thoughts that you have been discussing. Is this the best time after a Christmas full of Russian dumplings. You are both young, and although Life has a habit of whizzing past, and the plans we make today are much different of those ofmade tomorrow.
      Are you using a new makeup, T? You do look lovely.
      Hugs, Jo

• December 29, 2016 / 6:56 pm

I agree, these are some heavy thoughts, especially after the Russian dumplings:) I’m using a classic red during the holidays Jo. Glad you like it, I do feel good wearing it. Hugs back

4. December 28, 2016 / 7:55 pm

These pictures are gorgeous, I like the “on the move” photography! Very cute, wintry outfit as well! And I love that idea, just sitting down and discussing these important topics. That’s a much more productive method of reflection rather than resolutions. It’s always good to get on the same page and make sure each other is happy! I hope your new year is amazing and you find yourself doing everything you want!

Francesca

• December 29, 2016 / 6:54 pm

Thank you so much Francesca! I wish you all the best for the upcoming year as well! Hugs

5. December 29, 2016 / 8:10 am

Hello again! Now I discovered in your article taht the amazing green coat is from Maje! Maje ist absolutely one of my favourite brands. Love that French chic. A prefer it at all. But I love the whole look! Very great done! Have a good day, Martina

• December 29, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Thank you so much for passing by Martina! Maje is my favourite brand at the moment and the do coats so well!

6. December 29, 2016 / 8:43 pm

Every year I write a long list of resolutions for the new year and I read the previous year. And usually I accomplished almost everything!

7. Amy
      December 29, 2016 / 9:26 pm

2016 was quite a year for us as well. Personally I hate racing resolutions and huge looming questions like where do I see myself in 5 or 10 years, ha. Love your pretty coat and these great photos of you.

Amy Ann
      Straight A Style

8. December 30, 2016 / 10:19 pm

I think it’s really nice from you both to discuss these things, so that you know you’re in the same page and you still share the same or similar visions for the future. I love that, I think it’s a sign of a mature relationship. 🙂
      I tried setting resolutions this year but I kinda forgot about them during the year 🙁 As for 2017, it’s gonna be a year of real changes for me as I’ll most likely move to England, so it’s exciting and scary at the same time.
      I wish you all the best for this New Year, dear. Happy 2017!!!

9. January 1, 2017 / 9:42 am

Nice post, I do not typically do resolutions each year because of the pressure and most of my goals are ongoing but this year I let myself have 3 (These 3 are kind of ongoing). I love your outfit btw!