My current skin routine

_DSC3806 blog.jpg

Whenever I post a portrait picture on my Instagram, I seem to receive lots of compliments regarding my skin. Honestly, they make cringe a little bit because I’ve been suffering from acne since my teenage years and aggravated during my university years. The reason for that is that I started applying makeup, my acne flourished and I applied, even more, makeup to cover it up. I’ve been to endless dermatologist appointments and applied lots of acne treatments, spent lots of money.

This last year I’ve been adopting a new skincare routine, I do notice an improvement. Please read below if such a topic is of interest to you:

1. I cleanse my skin twice daily with oil free Neutrogena Acne wash. It’s a gentle cleanser and luckily does not overdry my skin.
  2. I moisturize with Pure Heals at the moment and I can’t recommend it highly enough. This product leaves a baby smoothness on my skin and it smells wonderful.
  3. Face mask has been added to my routine only about 6 months ago. I’ve been testing the Cattier Masque Argile, a biocosmetic product and I’m very satisfied.
  4. Another wonderful product for my skin type has been the Acne Plus creme from Widmer. The creme contains Benzoyl Peroxide, which actually kills the bacteria through free radical oxygen. An additional positive aspect of this product is that the bacteria does not gain resistance and you can use it as long as you’d wish.
  5. I’ve used in the past the Kiehl’s Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment and I am extremely satisfied with it. The product helps with acne blemishes and reduces the appearance of acne marks. I’m out of it at the moment but this post serves as a good reminder to restock.

I’d like to end this post with an honest note; acne used to keep me awake at night when I was younger. I always had the impression people would be disgusted while looking at my face. Being more mature (hopefully) at the moment, if you’re feeling in anyway like I, concerning any part of your body-Please don’t. No one who loves you notices such silly details. Spend all that energy confided in your into building a healthy lifestyle. Acne treatment needs patience and dedication, as skin is the most unforgiving organ in our body.

One positive aspect of having acne at my age is people always consider me younger than I really am. See what I did there-positive thinking:)

1. January 18, 2017 / 9:50 am

I used the Neutrogena acne facial wash before but it leaves my skin so dry. Have you used other wash that has the same effect but more “gentle”? Love your blog btw <3

• January 18, 2017 / 10:27 am

Makes me happy you liked the post darling! I’ve used so many different cleansers. I remember when I used to live in Greece I was using a hypoallergenic cleanser and at the time my skin loved it. Unfortunately I do not remember the name.

• January 18, 2017 / 10:36 am

Guess I should try some hypoallergenic products n see what happen. Thanks so much anyways!!

2. January 18, 2017 / 10:56 am

Great post! You should give the body shop tea-tree range a try. I found that it really helped with acne prone skin! Their new range of face-masks are also brilliant! You’ve inspired me to do my own skin care routine post!

• January 18, 2017 / 10:59 am

I’ll make sure to read it:) I’m a huge fan of The Body Shop products. I will need to visit the local store soon:)
      Thanks so much for sharing darling

January 18, 2017 / 2:25 pm

This was such a lovely, honest and positive post! I also suffered with acne as a teenager, right up until about a couple of years ago! Thankfully, I no longer have it (mainly thanks to constant antibiotics and doctor-prescribed acne gel), though I still have the occasional hormonal breakout on my chin that I’m trying to eliminate through a good skincare regime. I hope this pos and your recommendations will help other people, as I think we all strive to have clear skin. Having said that, your positive message at the end is something we should all keep in mind 🙂

4. January 18, 2017 / 4:50 pm

What a smart post my dear! Thank you a lot for sharing all your beauty secrets !
    You look flawless honey!

5. January 18, 2017 / 5:57 pm

It does feel odd to be complimented on something, in this case skin, that you had issues with – because its gives you an assurance that you’ve gotten over it with positive results. I had acne too and I remember how difficult it was not to pick my face, the MONEY spent..so whenever I get skin compliments I smile. Also whenever I see someone with acne I give them assurance that it can be beat, that I was like that too.

6. January 18, 2017 / 7:09 pm

I love what you have to say about not worrying about what others think about your acne! It’s true, everybody has blemishes and I don’t think many people look at people’s faces and care if they have acne. That said, your skin really is beautiful and I’m going to take your advice and try out that moisturizer. My skin routine is very similar, but I use the Cetaphil heavy moisturizer and I think it’s too heavy. I have combination skin and it’s hard to find the right ammount of moisturizer so I’m always open to recommendations!

• January 27, 2017 / 11:34 pm

Please excuse the late reply sweetie! As a rule of thumb, a good moisturizer must be absorbed fast. The faster it does the more your skin loves it. I am not sure if Avene is available in USA, they do have amazing light creams.

January 18, 2017 / 8:53 pm

Working backwards through this interesting blog, I have to agree. No way do you look your age. You could be taken for a young girl in her late teens or early twenties. I’m glad to know it’s not Max doctoring his photos. I’m very fortunate in never having acne, but I have friends who do, and they just get on with living. It’s the person beneath the skin that matters. That inner goodness shines through and makes you beautiful, T.
    Kisses, Jo

8. February 28, 2017 / 12:27 pm

I must say your skin is so beautiful…