Whenever I post a portrait picture on my Instagram, I seem to receive lots of compliments regarding my skin. Honestly, they make cringe a little bit because I’ve been suffering from acne since my teenage years and aggravated during my university years. The reason for that is that I started applying makeup, my acne flourished and I applied, even more, makeup to cover it up. I’ve been to endless dermatologist appointments and applied lots of acne treatments, spent lots of money.
This last year I’ve been adopting a new skincare routine, I do notice an improvement. Please read below if such a topic is of interest to you:
- I cleanse my skin twice daily with oil free Neutrogena Acne wash. It’s a gentle cleanser and luckily does not overdry my skin.
- I moisturize with Pure Heals at the moment and I can’t recommend it highly enough. This product leaves a baby smoothness on my skin and it smells wonderful.
- Face mask has been added to my routine only about 6 months ago. I’ve been testing the Cattier Masque Argile, a biocosmetic product and I’m very satisfied.
- Another wonderful product for my skin type has been the Acne Plus creme from Widmer. The creme contains Benzoyl Peroxide, which actually kills the bacteria through free radical oxygen. An additional positive aspect of this product is that the bacteria does not gain resistance and you can use it as long as you’d wish.
- I’ve used in the past the Kiehl’s Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment and I am extremely satisfied with it. The product helps with acne blemishes and reduces the appearance of acne marks. I’m out of it at the moment but this post serves as a good reminder to restock.
I’d like to end this post with an honest note; acne used to keep me awake at night when I was younger. I always had the impression people would be disgusted while looking at my face. Being more mature (hopefully) at the moment, if you’re feeling in anyway like I, concerning any part of your body-Please don’t. No one who loves you notices such silly details. Spend all that energy confided in your into building a healthy lifestyle. Acne treatment needs patience and dedication, as skin is the most unforgiving organ in our body.
One positive aspect of having acne at my age is people always consider me younger than I really am. See what I did there-positive thinking:)