The Seehof Palace

I am ashamed to admit I’ve been living in Erlangen for about 4 years now and I wasn’t aware of the Seehof Palace and Park, considering it’s only a 30 minutes drive from our home. Seehof Palace was built in 1686 and served as the summer residence for Bamberg’s Prince Bishops, designed by Antonio Petrini, famous for his Franconian Baroque architecture.

The Seehof Palace Park extends in 21 ha, adorned with sculptures and rich plant architecture. Unfortunately, due to winter temperatures, the sculptures together with the front fountain had been covered with special protection.Ā  The place took our breath away with its beauty, although that day the temperatures were 8 degrees below zero, neither of us was complaining.

_DSC4289 blog.jpg_DSC4360 blog.jpg

Iā€™m wearing

Maje Olive coat (here), similar (here) and (here)

Roeckle gloves (here)

Even & Odd beret (here)

Maje jumpsuit (here)

Senso Sarina II boots (here)

Russian folklore scarf (here)

Aigner bag (here)

_DSC4331 blog.jpg_DSC4341 blog.jpg_DSC4259 blog.jpg

My mother was amazed by the garden’s architecture. She makes a living out of agriculture and it was funny they way she studied each plan. Can’t imagine how much more beautiful this place can be in spring and summer. I guess I’ll have to come back and make some new pictures for you guys.

_DSC4305 blog.jpg

The building below it’s the Orangery, a conservatory where 250 orange trees are hosted in winter while in summer they beautify the front gardens in symmetrical arrangements, it’s Germany after all.

_DSC4272 blog.jpg_DSC4328 blog.jpg_DSC4374 blog.jpg

On my background, there is a small lake with a fountain, where a water show takes place in summer but right now it looked frozen from where I stood. I didn’t dare walk to the waterfront, afraid I might slip and break a limb.

_DSC4319 blog.jpg_DSC4375 blog.jpg_DSC4330 blog.jpg

You guys might remember I’ve lived far from home since I was 14, getting to know my mother all over again feels very good, to say at least. I’ve discovered this time she is a wonderful travel companion. She is very curious about history and the lifestyle of my current resident country. Not once did she complain during this short trip, although I know she must have felt cold while we were taking pictures.

_DSC4379_be funky blog.jpg

We were a bit disappointed we couldn’t enter the palace at the moment; The Seehof Palace is open for visitors from April until October, as we were told by the lovely lady at the Orangery cafe.Ā  After we walked around for what seemed like 1,5h we spoiled and thawed ourselves with a hot cup of tea (and coffee). M had the cheesecake and it was truly delicious (his words).

We uploaded a short video on Instagram, you can watch it (here). Hope you like it!

January 20, 2017 / 8:19 am

Good morning T. I shall read this blog later today and get back to you. I have to go to the hospital for a chest xray. The Doc has put me on a 5 day course of steroids.
    I love your scarf. It’s beautiful.
    Kisses, Jo

• January 20, 2017 / 10:44 am

Good morning Jo! Let me know what the doctor says, hope the therapy will help. Hugs back!

January 20, 2017 / 3:25 pm

The radiologist could not see anything alarming, but a specialist will look at the Xray, and report to my Doc. I have to tell that I feel that I am getting better.
        Now for a mug of tea and see what you two have been doing. I’m sure you will get a response
        Much love, Jo x

• January 20, 2017 / 3:33 pm

Happy to hear there is nothing bad to worry about Jo! Hope you’ll enjoy the pictures and the video:)

January 20, 2017 / 4:40 pm

I know what you mean. I have lived here for more years than I care to remember, and there are streets I’ve not walked down. Oh, yes. You must go back in the spring or summer, though it’s bound to be full of visitors. It makes me happy that you are getting to know your Mother all over again. Our Mum’s and us get even better as we get older.
    Yes, T. You do not want to slip, specially in those stunning heels. I had a feeling that scarf was Russian folk. Soo pretty.
    Extra hugs, Jo

• January 22, 2017 / 10:29 pm

I say that to my Mother every day. As a kid, she used to be so strict with me but now she is extremely sweet. M brought the scarf from Russia, I love it:)

3. January 20, 2017 / 10:44 pm

It happens T, since we know these places are there, we take them for granted and always say “someday I will go..” I visited the Panama Canal when I was about 7 years old and only went back a few years ago!
    What a beautiful place you are at.

• January 22, 2017 / 10:28 pm

I had to look Panama Canal up Lorena, it looks absolutely beautiful there! I hope to visit as many places as possible this year:)

January 21, 2017 / 4:54 pm

I love your little video, T. I thought I would hear your voice describing the scene . Never mind, M’s panning of the camera was excellent. Perhaps he should be working in the film industry. I love, too, the sculptural shape of bare trees. I used to sit for hours drawing interesting ones.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Jo x

• January 22, 2017 / 10:26 pm

I am bit too shy to speak on the camera yet Jo! Who knows one day:)
      Hope your weekend was good. Are you any good at drawing?

January 23, 2017 / 10:17 am

I have always loved drawing, T. From when I was little, through school days, and probable the reason I went into design as a career. Though in my free time I like to write or play guitar, and go for long walks.
        Have a lovely week. X

5. January 23, 2017 / 6:26 am

The scarf is EVERYTHING!! Hahahaha I’ve had similar experience too, I discovered kind of a park near my place with the most splendid view!
    x Nyabwai.