• Get to know YOU

One of the positive aspects of blogging on a personal level has been discovering my style. I’ve always been the type of girl who wasn’t aware of her proportions. I’m known to think I’m taller and curvier, resulting in many outfits over the past years, not quite me, definitely not! I mean here the cowboy boots and oversized pullovers (half the size of my body!) fashion disasters, occupying space in my extra small wardrobe.

You might wonder in which way has my poor case been helped; well seeing T in countless pictures, I’ve earned an objectified view of myself. This post is not about complexes, a woman close to 30 has had enough of silly thoughts, this is what nature (genetics) gave and I somehow have to make it work.  I will make a short pause here and tell you TbyMallano is not about giving advises; I’ve been told to be awfully bad at it, sharing my experience is what I do.

I’ll never wear head to toe black again, it clashes with my natural black hair and makes me look pale and sad. I was shown by my mirror, low waist-tight skirts make my hips look narrower and my torso longer, thank goodness the high-waist A-line skirts are back. I was taught by the lovely Jalisa from TheStyleContour, tights or pants in the same shade as the boots will make your legs seem longer.

Dare I ask what have you learned over the years regarding your style in relation to body type? I live by the motto wear what makes you happy, making an effort to understand what suits you will contribute to your confidence and happiness equally, trust me.

I am wearing

Maje Blazer VASSI IN SALE (here)

Selected Femme turtleneck (here)

River Island bag old, very similar (here)

Maje A line skirt IN SALE (here)

Senso Sarina II boots IN SALE (here)

Jette earrings (here)

Wolford 66 DELUX stockings (here)

Skagen Rungsteg watch (here)

_DSC4469 blog.jpg_DSC4472 blog.jpg_DSC4480 be funky blog.jpg_DSC4451 blog.jpg_DSC4478 blog.jpg_DSC4471 blog.jpg

1. January 23, 2017 / 11:35 am

What a great post my dear! Love how you have learned your real style and real YOU, it’s so important to understand and love our body and face. Splendid look and such a lovely colours mix. I’m so impressed how your post are friendly with a bit of humor and plenty of elegance
      Have a cool new week my dear Tatjana!
      Tenderly yours
      Julia

2. January 23, 2017 / 5:09 pm

Beautifully styled, I love the skirt! Xx

3. January 23, 2017 / 7:52 pm

For me its always a learning process… sometimes a hit, others a miss.
      I know culottes, for example, don’t work for me – but I still try… !!

January 24, 2017 / 11:00 am

Well. I think you have a lovely shape.
      Everyone would like to change something about themselves. I would like to be 5cm taller, have a better sounding voice. But I do have nice hands and fingers. Oh, the clothes I have bought that seemed a good idea at the time. Or hang waiting for me to have the confidence to wear them.
      I would have no problem with your giving me advice, T. So many seem afraid to give it.
      Your outfit today is stunning. And that skirt is simply perfect on you. I love it!!
      Hugs, Jo

January 25, 2017 / 7:57 pm

Well, T. The Doctor is pleased with my recovery. She is going to keep a check on me to see that my lung function does not deteriorate. I have to build up the strength in them. So even more exercise and a sensible diet.
      By the way. My Doctor is Polish, and the best I’ve ever had. She wears the most beautiful skirts and dresses. All mainly black, with the prettiest and colourful embroidery I’ve ever seen.
      Hugs, Jo

• January 25, 2017 / 8:17 pm

I’m so happy to hear that Jo! Do you think her clothes are Polish folklore? Take a picture next time:P

January 25, 2017 / 9:49 pm

I shall ask her. Not sure if I’m brave enough to ask about taking a picture. She might get the wrong idea.

6. January 25, 2017 / 11:42 pm

Ooh I love your Maje skirt, they’re one of my favourite brands – don’t remember seeing it in the shops or I’d have snapped it up

7. January 26, 2017 / 2:40 am

Definitely agree with you about fitting to proportions. I’m petite and redhead so there’s certain looks that I admire on others, but just wouldn’t look good on me! Love your skirt. It’s super cute!

XO Kylen | Kylen Every Wear

8. January 26, 2017 / 10:16 pm

This is such a chic look, lady- and I agree, my style has definitely evolved since I started my blog!

-Ashley
      Le Stylo Rouge

9. January 29, 2017 / 10:18 pm

That’s such a good tip to make your legs longer! I think the most important thing is to wear what you feel comfortable in!

Chelsea
      Chow Down USA
      Instagram

10. January 30, 2017 / 2:48 pm

First of all, I not only admire you for knowing what suits you the best, but for your really great writing and putting together such enjoyable posts and looks. An A line, high-waisted skirt really elongates and complicates the silhouette, as well as wearing same color tights and shoes (yay to Jalisa for her always amazing tips)! It’s really nice to know what compliments your body type and to evolve your style through it. Honestly, I can;t think of something that my body type does not allow me to wear, but I must admit that my style has changed radically since I started blogging. I even cut my hair, which is something I could swear I’d never do haha! I love this type of skirts by the way and your look is fantastic! That Maje blazer is such a must-have timeless piece!
      Thank you for one more amazing post my dear Tatjana!
      Have a great start to the week and see you soon! :)))
      Love,

11. waketonroad
      January 30, 2017 / 3:02 pm

This outfit is great!! I love that skirt! And I am right there with you. I have shorter legs so wearing tights that are the same color as my boots helps a lot. Or when I’m wearing dresses or skirts I opt for a nude shoe to elongate my legs. Great post!

xo Bryn