• German Christmas markets-The guide

Please excuse the long absence from the blog and Instagram. I’ve been having an unpleasant (nasty) eye infection and needed to be offline for a while. Today we’re presentation few pictures from the famous German Chrismas markets through our lens.

You read it first in the title, this post is about to guide your through the experience, what to bring with and of course how to dress.

What can one do at the Chrismas market?

• In few words; eat improper amount of unhealthy food and feast on sweetened mulled wine. You will feel bloated and a little bit tipsy (lots) in record time. I highly recommend tasting the Heiderlbeererglühwein (blueberry mulled wine), Käsespätzle (traditional German egg noodles) and of course Lebkuchen (gingerbread).
    • Wander from one wooden house to next and indulge in traditional MadeInGermany products, ranging from food to clothing and houseware products.
    • Indulge in people watching, one of my favorite touristic activities. I’ll let you in into a secret here; if there is a festive activity involving alcohol here in Germany, a stranger might say hello. In a normal day people won’t even attempt eye-contact!

What do you need to bring with?

• Entertaining company! Chrismas markets are about getting together with friends and family. When the temperatures drop, you’ll only want to choose carefully with whom you’re freezing with.
    • Do not forget at home the child in you. To truly see the magic one needs a temporary amnesia. Skate on the frozen city square, eat lots of candy and ride the carousel, no no, you’ve never seen or done anything like it before!
    • Money! Well, I’m sorry this was sounding very romantic and all but no money no honey. Chrismas markets are getting more expensive with the time. Didn’t you know?! The fuel prices went up again.

Should you dress up?

I think you should! No one will judge, go all the way in! Wear your reds, metallics, faux furs, high heels (with caution) and what makes you happy.

I am wearing:

Olive green coat Maje (here), similar (here) and (here)

Ted Baker Callah knitted top (here)

Gadea boots in smoke (here) and black (here)

Karen Millen front pleat dress (here), similar (here)

Christ Silber earrings (here)

Wolford tights (here)

_DSC2894 blog.jpgchristmas backgrounds_DSC2886_be funky blog.jpg_DSC2893 blog.jpg_DSC2890 blog.jpg_DSC2827 blog.jpg_DSC2824be funky blog.jpg_DSC2846 blog.jpg_DSC2127 blog.jpg_DSC2043 blog.jpg_DSC2032 blog.jpg_DSC1989 blog.jpg

Photography by BulatovMaks

1. December 11, 2016 / 11:36 am

In every blog you improve yourself even more guys. Tati with hrt fantastic writing and modelling, and Max with outstanding shots. I really liked your post guys.

• December 12, 2016 / 10:53 am

I totally agree. I love coming to your site and reading your new posts. Beautiful through and through.

xx, Marie

2. December 11, 2016 / 1:01 pm

Famous sentence:”Baby, It’s Cold Outside”! 🙂
      Christmas is at front door and this is time when we all have that Ch.spirit in side and wish to spend cozy days with our love ones <3.
      I agree with you, I am the one of girls who like to look pretty in any occasion, especially on the New Year's Eve :p
      You are so cute, love these Christmas photos:)

Have a great Sunday my dear.

Maja,

December 12, 2016 / 2:55 pm

In one photo, you are looking down at what looks like, a big round cream cake. Did you eat all of it yourself? I do hope so. I do like women who love their food.
      Well. I’m still not 100%. More like 85%. And need to regain the 7kg. I have lost in the past week.
      I hope you are much recovered from your eye infection.
      Hugs, Jo

• December 12, 2016 / 3:17 pm

It’s a langos, believe it or not I ear more that M. Eye infection is sort of gone for me, sorry to hear you aren’t recovered completely Jo, take it easy for a few days. Hugs back

December 12, 2016 / 3:02 pm

I meant 3kg. I know I exaggerate.

• December 12, 2016 / 3:19 pm

hehe who doesn’t love a bit drama, (especially sick men)?! Not sure if I’ll manage to be very present this week on the blog. My exam is next Monday and I’ve lots to cover by then:(

5. December 12, 2016 / 6:22 pm

Love that green coat!

6. December 12, 2016 / 7:50 pm

Oh I wish I had a Christmas market like those nearby… reminds me of the one I went to as a child in Stuttgart.

7. December 14, 2016 / 1:25 am

That looks like so much fun! I love the photos and the ice skating looks amazing. Sorry to hear about your eye I hope you feel better! Your outfit is gorgeous, I love your coat! The shot of you and your snack is adorable too.

Francesca

8. Dasynka
      December 14, 2016 / 11:33 am

Love this makeup, you are so beautiful 🙂 how your eyes infection? You are ok now?
      Lovely German Christmas <3

9. December 19, 2016 / 1:27 am

German Christmas markets are known worldwide (like, I know how awesome they are and I’m from Argentina!) And being the huge Christmas junkie I am, visiting one is already in my bucket list. Now your post makes me want to be there in this very same moment, haha.
      You look gorgeous and I truly love your makeup. I’m glad to hear that your infection is now cured, dear. 🙂
      xx